Texas Tech - Joey McGuire
Troy - Jon Sumrall
Virginia Tech - Brent Pry
Washington - Kalen DeBoer
Washington State - Jake Dickert

Updated

Edited by beekay414

On 12/1/2021 at 9:02 PM, jrry32 said:

Can't hate on it. It's risky, but Freeman's ceiling is sky high. He was on my UF HC list as a dark horse. Great defensive mind and a former NFL LB. Should connect well with recruits and be respected in the locker room. 

Anecdotal but on an ND player podcast I caught all the guys were advocating for him like an hour after the Kelly toLSU news broke so he's definitely well respected by his guys.

Interesting that Oklahoma hasn't hired a HC yet, and not a ton of strong rumblings out there either.  Appears that Brent Venables and Matt Rhule are the two guys linked the most to the gig, but nothing concrete.  Even a crazy rumor that Dabo Swinney is coming to Oklahoma (calm yourself @beekay414, he's only leaving for Alabama).

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Interesting that Oklahoma hasn't hired a HC yet, and not a ton of strong rumblings out there either.  Appears that Brent Venables and Matt Rhule are the two guys linked the most to the gig, but nothing concrete.  Even a crazy rumor that Dabo Swinney is coming to Oklahoma (calm yourself @beekay414, he's only leaving for Alabama).

Dabo is only as good as his assistants so I'd probably be rooting for Venables or Rhule if I were a Sooner fan haha.

I really do like Marcus Freeman, and I think players are going to like him. I remember him destroying our high school football team back in the day, when he was at Wayne. I do think he will keep things going and maintain the Irish as one of the top 10 teams out there. I just think a guy like Luke Fickell would have taken that program to the next level, and they could regret not waiting it out with him. That could have been a risky move though if it blew up, so I get the hire.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, CWood21 said:

Apparently they're setting up a press conference for either Sunday or Monday, so it sounds like they've got their guy.  Given the timing, it's someone who is coaching this weekend so probably comes with one of Dave Aranda, Luke Fickell, or Dan Lanning.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Apparently they're setting up a press conference for either Sunday or Monday, so it sounds like they've got their guy.  Given the timing, it's someone who is coaching this weekend so probably comes with one of Dave Aranda, Luke Fickell, or Dan Lanning.

For your sake, you better hope it's not Lanning.