2021-2022 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

On 12/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, Scoundrel said:

Sad to see Lanning go. 

Initial speculation were right I guess lol. Seems like a really solid hire to me, but curious what your thoughts on him are. Congrats @Oregon Ducks@ronjon1990, and whoever else here is a Ducks fan. This is way better than the Chipster coming back and him staying at UCLA is great for USC not having them potentially making a better hire. Win for both of us lol.

I’m just glad it appears like Donte is staying on board with SC, cause he’s really valuable to recruiting and if we didn’t and Oregon hired him it would’ve been bad for us. I saw Ducks fans talking about maybe prying away Keith Hayward from Cal which makes sense. He was the one who was the primary on Kayvon Thibodeaux coming to Eugene. 

I feel really good about Lanning. He’s at least as good of a recruiter as Mario and a much better x&os guy. Much higher upside than a Chip or Wilcox but a risk. A risk I would definitely take, though. We’ll see how he rounds out the rest of his staff. I want Oregon football to be entertaining again.

The PAC-12 is definitely a league to watch. The 3 biggest programs made moves this off-season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I feel really good about Lanning. He’s at least as good of a recruiter as Mario and a much better x&os guy. Much higher upside than a Chip or Wilcox but a risk. A risk I would definitely take, though. We’ll see how he rounds out the rest of his staff. I want Oregon football to be entertaining again.

The PAC-12 is definitely a league to watch. The 3 biggest programs made moves this off-season.

Yeah. I think Cristobal in an ideal world for a program is better as a top assistant than a HC. Like you said he's amazing at recruiting, but is questionable with in game stuff which isn't ideal. Still a solid hire for Miami though. They need the excitement and recruiting he can bring and Mario now gets to be with his mom who was sick I think. Seems like a win/win for both sides.

Agreed on the bolded and I know you probably enjoyed USC being in the dumps with derpy Clay Helton, but the PAC 12 has become such a joke and we really need multiple teams to step up and make the conference more respectable again. It's gonna take some time, but I hope in 3 or so years the PAC-12 is talked about more like the Big Ten is rn.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm just going to leave this here

To make it more cringe they should have just picked an LSU cheerleader instead of that player. 
Gosh, what a weird start he is having down there. Never have I seen a guy at that age try harder to look like he’s something that he’s not. It’s like he’s having a rebirth and I hope we get to continue to see it. For the lulz obviously. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

To make it more cringe they should have just picked an LSU cheerleader instead of that player. 
Gosh, what a weird start he is having down there. Never have I seen a guy at that age try harder to look like he’s something that he’s not. It’s like he’s having a rebirth and I hope we get to continue to see it. For the lulz obviously. 

If he's not in a full fake awful southern drawl and using a bunch of good ol' boy southern proverb analogies within the next week, I'm gon' be madder than a wet hen

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm just going to leave this here

I think it's hilarious that they're both holding up the "L." Self awareness?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If he's not in a full fake awful southern drawl and using a bunch of good ol' boy southern proverb analogies within the next week, I'm gon' be madder than a wet hen

Bless your heart, I had the most finger-lickin' shrimp poor boy on this Earth yestuhday evenin. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 2:52 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Excellent hire for you guys, just pray that he doesn’t bring in Chungus to be OC.  

• 3 weeks later...