Week 12 2021 - GDT - Bills (6-4) @ Saints (5-5) - Happy Thanksgiving

Mid Iowa

Starting the thread early as there is some worthy news to discuss.

The Saints will be back home for the 1st of 2 consecutive Thursday Night games, both at home. I think this may be a first.
This week is the Bills, followed by the Cowboys next week.

TE Adam Troutman is going to miss 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain, but that's okay we've got that other guy at TE.

Our WR woes have prompted the Saints to sign Malcom Perry, you know, the former Navy QB.... Makes total sense. We currently have 6 wide receivers - Tre’Quan Smith, Marquez Callaway, Deonte Harris, Kenny Stills, Lil’Jordan Humphrey and Ty Montgomery - with Perry on the practice squad for now, but likely active in time for Thursday's game.

3rd string Tackle Landon Young (R) will miss the rest of the season after suffering a foot injury. If Ramczyk and Armstead are still out, we literally only have 2 Tackles left on the 53 man roster

Davenport is dinged at the shoulder, Ingram has a knee as does Kamara, Siemian has a hand injury, Montgomery's finger about made me barf, and Kpassfiletmignon (defensive end) has a bad ankle. Other than that, we're healthy.....

Not sure who our kicker is this week, but it doesn't matter.

Lattimore's gun charges were dropped, so he'll stay outta jail and should avoid suspension.

I think Gumbo is active, and should be along the sidelines for your entertainment.

It is what it is at this point. This team is missing it’s starting QB, WR, HB1, HB2, TE, LG, RT on offense. No team has the depth to handle that. 

The season was lost the second Winston went down but I’m still excited for the future. Our defense is very good, and we have offensive talent (when healthy). Let’s get a high pick and hopefully we can add another solid WR via free agency or draft. I wouldn’t hate drafting an OT or OG early. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I wouldn’t hate drafting an OT or OG early. 

We NEED to replace Peat, and frankly, Armstead, too. Not necessarily next season (although I'd be okay with that), but these guys are only good for about 12 games per season, and you never know when that's going to be. Generally it's out of the middle, but it literally puts us in a bind every single year. Neither have ever played a full season, get paid out the wazoo, and are starting to lose their step to younger guys.

I've never been in love with Peat, but Armstead can be so dang good, when he's healthy.

Build around Erik McCoy (never missed a game, 0 sacks allowed) and Ryan Ramczyk (only missed 1 game, 2 sacks). Ruiz?? I guess he's durable, but he's not that great.

Can't have a good team without a good line (O or D), and that's a fact.

No team can handle all our injuries at once yes.  But now we can hardly handle any of the injuries at any time.  Our offense has been top heavy with 3 guys in Brees/Winston, Thomas and Kamara.  In the 2009/2011 era, we didn't have anyone as good as Thomas and Kamara, but our 5th receiving option was better than our current 2nd.  I liked the way that offense was built a bit better, but you roll with what you have I suppose.  I mean, look at our running backs from 2011.  No Kamara, but Ingram, Pierre Thomas(severly underrated), Sproles, Chris Ivory.  That's a ridiculously deep backfield.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, Jlowe22 said:

look at our running backs from 2011.  No Kamara, but Ingram, Pierre Thomas(severly underrated), Sproles, Chris Ivory.  That's a ridiculously deep backfield.

Pierre Thomas was likely the best RB we've ever had with the screen, and frankly, if he'd not have gotten knocked out at the beginning of the playoff game (in Seattle, I think) we win that game without question.

It's been a few years since we've had such a major injury bug. This year is a killer.