2022 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

It's that time of year again where coaches could be let go during the season and fans of losing teams start discussing potential HC candidates. Who do you guys view as the next top candidates? Who do you want for your team if you're moving on from your coach? Who do you want to avoid?

Here's a few top names from Tom Pelissero and some rumours

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It's that time of year again where coaches could be let go during the season and fans of losing teams start discussing potential HC candidates. Who do you guys view as the next top candidates? Who do you want for your team if you're moving on from your coach? Who do you want to avoid?

Here's a few top names from Tom Pelissero and some rumours

Denver going from Vance Joseph to Fangio to Quinn would be beyond stupid IMO. They need an offensive mind.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Denver going from Vance Joseph to Fangio to Quinn would be beyond stupid IMO. They need an offensive mind.

I think this ends up being the year of the retreads.

Guys like Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles, Leslie Frazier, Vance Joseph and Raheem Morris could all be more attractive to some owners. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That's what I was wondering, because i'd take him over all the names mentioned in this thread except for maybe Joe Brady.

31 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I honestly just forgot about him. Maybe the best thing for him would be the Chiefs being one and done in the playoffs. 

Have to imagine the SB runs hurt his chances with GMs and owners getting impatient.

Part of me is wondering if Bienemey is the HC in waiting at KC. A season that doesn't end up in the SB for KC is a regression, so maybe a cushy advisor role is created for Andy Reid and you give Bienemey the big job to "shake things up" a bit?

Bienemey as HC and a vet DC (Rex Ryan?) as a co-HC/DC could be a solid pairing.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That's what I was wondering, because i'd take him over all the names mentioned in this thread except for maybe Joe Brady.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Is the Eric Bienemey hype train dead, or is he heading to USC?

I'd assume that his checkered past has kept a lot of teams away.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

this thread got me wondering when was the last time the steelers lost a coach to a HC job. Whisenhunt all the way back in 07

I remember how excited I was for Mularkey in 04.

Getting a hot offensive guy from a great org like the Steelers was sure to get the Bills back on track.