2022 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

OC just cuz our offense has been very bleh and some of it is the talent at our skill positions

RB and wr cuz apparently https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-coaching-staff-at-odds-over-trevor-lawrences-development-changes-expected-in-offseason/amp/

"Sources said it is inevitable that changes are coming to this staff next season, with running backs coach Bernie Parmalee and receivers coach Sanjay Lal often on the receiving end of Meyer's diatribes, and any concerns with Lawrence's development could prove problematic for quarterback coach Brian Schottenheimer as well."

Will be interesting to see who Meyer is able to bring in. I imagine a lot of coaches will want to work with Lawrence but I also imagine some won’t want anything to do with Meyer himself.  Whether that’s valid or not.

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'll hate to lose either but Daboll is that "perfect" candidate and Frazier is that typical CEO type. Both deserving and I won't be shocked if the Bills need to replace both

I’d be shocked to see Frazier get a HC job for a couple reasons. He’s deserving but yeah a couple reasons.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

What is interesting though is many of these coordinators being listed aren’t loved by their teams current fanbase. Bills fans I hear hate Dabol and thinks he gets way too much credit for Josh Allen’s development 

I don’t know a single Bills fans who hates Daboll. 

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So are the Saints, but they still won 5 games. The Eagles best WR last year was Travis Fulgham (currently the Dolphins WR5?), followed by Greg Ward. Still won 4 games despite the #32 ranked QB play. DC gotta go.

The Saints were a playoff team last year. The Eagles were a playoff team the year before that. You're comparing apples to oranges. Campbell gets another year, but I do think what we're seeing this year is a very, very bad omen for his career.

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Qb yes but their wr corps is composed of wr 3s at best.  

That's kind of you to say. I'm not sure they have any #3 WRs on the roster. Josh Reynolds is probably the best WR they have, and he has been a career #4. They have the worst offensive supporting cast in the NFL.

Some guys are just better as coordinators. Like Frazier, Bowles, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, etc

Not sure who the top candidates will be this year, but teams i see looking for new HC's in 2022 - Jags, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Bears, Giants

Edited by 49ersfan

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Will be interesting to see who Meyer is able to bring in. I imagine a lot of coaches will want to work with Lawrence but I also imagine some won’t want anything to do with Meyer himself.  Whether that’s valid or not.

If they are able to get Lawrence producing then he may supplant Meyer for the HC gig. Drop Meyer like how DEN dropped Fox for Kubiak because they felt the upside was going to be better. 

Just my two cents and nothing really to back it up. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dan Mullen

23 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Not sure who the top candidates will be this year, but teams i see looking for new HC's in 2022 - Jags, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Bears, Giants

The Raiders definitely need a new head coach, Rich has done a decent job considering the circumstances but he's not fit to be a head coach.