2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We need to get Watson off the team and get another 1st in this draft. 

more and more mocks are going with Neal at 1 and Hutchinson at 2. Who would we take in that scenario?

It’s got to be Thibodeaux, he’s still got incredible potential as an edge - Thibs and Greenard on the edge with Blacklock/Collins/Lopez on the inside could work as a solid foundation to a Lovie defense.

8 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Kyle Hamilton could be the Urlacher in Lovie's defense... just a thought

I’d love the pick, tbh.

39 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Thibs just has Clowney written all over him

I see Myles Garrett. There’s no question on work ethic, drive or maturity with Thibs - the guy is a relentless worker, first one in and last one out at the Oregon facilities. You’re not gonna hear the coaching staff question how hard he works (like Steve Spurrier did with Clowney).

Clowney’s issue had always been his work ethic and maturity. That’s not a concern with Thibs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Thibs just has Clowney written all over him

https://www.theringer.com/2021/10/1/22660901/kayvon-thibodeaux-oregon-pass-rusher-nfl-draft

I don’t think anyone who knew Clowney would say something like this. If I’m being honest, this profile sounds like another former Texans player/1st round pick - that kid from Wisconsin we drafted 10 years ago:

Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said that his character off the field and the high standards he sets for himself trickles into his leadership on the field. “I think that’s the best part of him,” Cristobal said. “I think anytime you sign a player that has that five-star status, you want his work ethic, his demeanor, his leadership qualities to be that of a five-star, as well. He has that.”

“K.T. acts like he’s 30 years old even though he’s 20 years old,” DeRuyter said. “And when you have that maturity, that drive to be great, and that natural skill set—and then the hard work ethic he has—I have no doubt that whoever takes him is going to be overjoyed. He can also be an articulate face of the franchise. I mean, he’s the whole package.”

Rumor has it Washington is willing to include Chase Young in a trade to get a top tier QB so let's play the hypothetical game. Would you do the following trade, yes or no? If no, would you have a counter-offer or would it be a straight no? Assume Deshaun would waive his no-trade clause. 

HOU Receives
WAS 2022 1st Round Pick (11th overall)
WAS 2023 1st Round Pick OR WAS 2022 2nd Round Pick (42nd overall)
Chase Young, DE

WAS Receives
Deshaun Watson, QB

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Rumor has it Washington is willing to include Chase Young in a trade to get a top tier QB so let's play the hypothetical game. Would you do the following trade, yes or no? If no, would you have a counter-offer or would it be a straight no? Assume Deshaun would waive his no-trade clause. 

HOU Receives
Chase Young, DE

WAS Receives
Deshaun Watson, QB

First and foremost - I’d either remove the OR or take the 2nd round pick off the table in exchange for RB Antonio Gibson. If that doesn’t happen, I’m probably out on the deal. I’d add in some late assets to add Gibson in the deal.

So, assuming the change above is made, I’d want a little bit more in regards to future day 3 picks - if there was concession to a 2024 4th round pick that can change to a 5th if Young reaches certain benchmarks - I’d probably bite on this a bit.

So, this all being said:

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

HOU Receives
WAS 2023 1st Round Pick
WAS 2022 2nd Round Pick (42nd overall) OR RB Antonio Gibson
Chase Young, DE

WAS 2024 5th Round pick

WAS Receives
Deshaun Watson, QB

(if Gipson included) HOU 2024 3rd Round Pick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

HOU Receives
Chase Young, DE

WAS Receives
Deshaun Watson, QB

I'd take it. You get to add Young to your DL which allows you take Kyle Hamilton in the draft. Both instantly improve your defense with top tier young talent. Your 11th pick nets you someone to plug in the offensive trenches. Hopefully Linderbaum. I dont think you'll find a better package of players/draft compensation. You may even be able to get Washington to add one more pick. Maybe a 3rd next year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'd take it. You get to add Young to your DL which allows you take Kyle Hamilton in the draft. Both instantly improve your defense with top tier young talent. Your 11th pick nets you someone to plug in the offensive trenches. Hopefully Linderbaum. I dont think you'll find a better package of players/draft compensation. You may even be able to get Washington to add one more pick. Maybe a 3rd next year.

I like Chase, but I’d need to see how he’s coming back from his torn ACL before I commit to him as an asset in this deal.

My initial thought would be that it’s not going well, which is why the Commanders would part ways with him while he’s still on his rookie deal.

From Commanders....

2022 FRP (#11)

2023 FRP 

2024 SRP

DE Chase Young

DE Shaka Toney or Casey Toohill (play at SLB)

for 

DW4

That's like 3 FRPs, 1 SRP, 1 3rd day pick for DW4.  A little under value vs 3 FRPs + 3 SRPs that Caesar salad is looking for.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I like Chase, but I’d need to see how he’s coming back from his torn ACL before I commit to him as an asset in this deal.

My initial thought would be that it’s not going well, which is why the Commanders would part ways with him while he’s still on his rookie deal.

ACL repairs are like broken bones now with today’s technology.

Hes also alot closer to signing a big time extension which is probably why his names being floated 

43 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

ACL repairs are like broken bones now with today’s technology.

As someone who has torn his ACL multiple times, it’s never that easy - you have to consider ancillary damages to other ligaments, bone spurs, meniscus damage, etc - it’s rarely JUST an ACL It SHOULD be OK (as you said, we’ve come a long way) but that’s not a guarantee. Especially when you’re talking bigger guys who carry more weight - knees are load bearing, so expecting the same explosiveness and change-of-direction post injury is almost taking the situation for granted. Guys like Joe Burrow come back quick and as good as before, but look at the time it’s taking GB LT David Baktiari to return, or look at how RT Jack Conklin never really got back after buckling his knee. It’s tricky for guys at 250+, ligaments and tendons aren’t really meant to be repaired and put under the same punishment that they experienced before. 

As far as his extension… didn’t he just finish the 2nd year of his rookie deal? He’s still got three years of team control before extension is on the table.