2022 off season

Pastor Dillon

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Cooks is surprising, but sure. Gimmie some Drake London…

Cooks is definitely surprising because he looks like one of the few contributing vets who actually wants to play for this franchise.

That being said... if someone if offering a low 1st or a 2nd?  Gotta be all over that.

If it is a 3rd or lower, I would have to wait until draft day to see how things are shaking out.

Then again, there is a reason I am not an NFL GM... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

The Bengals normally don’t trade their picks so it will be interesting to see if this is the year they do it. 

I don’t think you’ll find a better LT than Tunsil - for as much as we get distracted by the amount paid by BoB, he’s been a stalwart blindside protector for the Texans in pass pro. His run blocking was lacking, but I think that’s more due to a poor scheme/play calling (not much a LT can do when every run is a shotgun inside draw).

The only other guy I can see actually improving the Bengals would be Northern Iowa LT Trevor Penning - but a rookie LT from a small school is going to be overwhelmed as a day one starter (similar to the Texans and former South Alabama LT Tytus Howard, who was moved to RT to ease him into the speed of the game). I also think Penning might go higher than 31 given his performance in the East West (or Shrine Game, I forget which one he played). 

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

The Bengals normally don’t trade their picks so it will be interesting to see if this is the year they do it. 

You guys have the 4th most cap space so you can fit his contract in no problem and are in "win now" mode while Burrow is on a rookie contract. There's not a tackle in free agency or in the draft you can find that will help more than Tunsil (I don't see Orlando Brown or Armstead making it away from their teams). He fixes a huge need immediately and you can slide Jonah Williams to the right side. The Texans value picks over everything right now so the 1st round pick plus a 2nd/3rd next year contingent on playing time would make sense for everyone.