Week 12 Turkey / Ham / Apple / Pear Day Gameday Thread - CHI@DET, LV@DAL, BUF@NO

Broncofan

Who Wins   

42 members have voted

1. 1. CHI or DET?

• Chicago & mighty Andy Dalton
    • Detroit & mighty Jared Goff
  2. 2. LV or DAL?

• Las Vegas & Derek Carr
    • Dallas & Dak Prescott
  3. 3. BUF or NO?

• Buffalo & Josh Allen
    • NO & Taysom Hill (OK, I suppose Trevor Siemien has a shot)

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Didn't want to try for any points to end the half hey? Cool. Half a min and 3 TO's and we run it out.

Rich has been a HC for all of 5 minutes. Of course he is going to make boneheaded mistakes like this. Plus, he was a coach with Garrett; so that ultra conservative game planning might have rubbed off on him. That is the same guy who once told Tavon Austin to fair catch no matter what when he wouldve had an easy walk in TD. 

It's going to get overlooked, but the Raiders coaches get a MASSIVE F in game management the last 5 mins.

-Punting on 4th and 6 at DAL 47.     OK, not terrible by itself, but that was a chance to keep the ball for likely the rest of the drive. 

-Then with 1:23 left, 3rd and 2 - LV lets the clock run.  If they stop DAL, they get ball back with 2 TOs' left, plenty of time to score a 3 themselves.   If they had called it and the same play occurs, with DAL at 1 yard line, could have used 2nd TO, and had same result.   And with DAL having 3 TO's - there was literally no way LV could have "forced" DAL to sweat the clock.

-On 1st and goal at the 1, with said 3 TO's in their pocket - they choose to let 10 secs run out....again, with DAL with 3 TO's in their pocket.   WTF??????

I posted in the Weekly Bets thread that I took DAL live +150 ML when they had the ball down 17-6 and Waller got hurt.   I figured it was dead after McCarthy went for the FG and failed, giving back the ball to LV at midfield.   But LV's game management literally just gave it right back.

Obviously a lot can still happen, but LV fans and coaches will rue that sequence if DAL comes back. On the flip side, DAL can't be predictable and run up the middle or off-tackle on 1st, or even just keep throwing it short on 1st down - LV has correctly guessed this is their default, and just crowded everything.   Moore made a fantastic adjustment with the Wilson wheel route, but unless LV backs off. completely, DAL is going to have let Dak cook on 1st down - when it's less predictable for LV to defend all the short stuff, but give Dak enough time to get chunk plays.

Should be a very interesting 2H to see how both offences adjust, with Waller now out, and Dal's O having trouble being predictable and only short-pass / run based early.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Am I alone in thinking Pollard is actually a better runner than Elliott? Is that a hot take or not?

I’ll take a healthy Zeke. Only problem is he hasn’t been healthy in weeks, which is why Pollard is getting the vast majority of the touches. Love Zeke’s vision, ability to take on contact/ bully defenders, and he is definitely better in pass protection. Doesn’t have Pollard’s burst, but I think that’s all I’d really give Pollard in comparison to Zeke. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rich has been a HC for all of 5 minutes. Of course he is going to make boneheaded mistakes like this. Plus, he was a coach with Garrett; so that ultra conservative game planning might have rubbed off on him. That is the same guy who once told Tavon Austin to fair catch no matter what when he wouldve had an easy walk in TD. 

Yea well he sure as hell isn't getting another HC gig making those mistakes.