Power Rankings Post Week 11

BayRaider

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

1. Green Bay Packers (8-3)

Comments: In my opinion, the Packers are the best team in the NFL, even with the loss to the Vikings. Vikings are not a bad team, and it was a road divisional game. This is the best defense Rodgers has had since his last Super Bowl IMO. Very underrated defense. Also, Rodgers is balling once again. Best QB in the National Football League. It took OT to lose to the Vikings, and Aaron Rodgers missed a game against KC. This team could easily be 10-1 right now, with just a Week 1 blowout loss (likely due to Rodgers sitting out in the off-season). 

2. Arizona Cardinals (9-2)

Comments: If Murray is healthy, this team is still VERY dominant. The loss to Watt earlier definitely hurt quite a bit... but the Cardinals are for real. They are the type of team that can blow anyone out, and can keep it close with any good team in the league. Their inexperience in the playoffs probably won't let them reach a Super Bowl, but they are fully capable of winning it all. 

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-3)

Comments: Tampa Bay back in the winning column this week. This is a well balanced, well coached team that has a super good roster, and of course, Tom Brady himself. 

4. New England Patriots (7-4)

Comments: Are the Patriots back...? It sure seems like it. That defense looks more fierce than ever, and Mac Jones is doing a great job on the offense along with Josh McDaniels. All the AFC teams are separated by a hair, but I would honestly say as it stands right now in this very moment, the Patriots look like the best team in the AFC. 

5. Kansas City Chiefs (7-4)

Comments: Are the Chiefs back? I'm not quite sold on them yet, but in a weak AFC they are certainly looking like a Top 2-3 team. We will see if they can keep it up. 

6. Los Angeles Rams (7-3)

Comments: While the Rams have lost two in a row, they are still a top tier football team. There is nothing wrong losing a road divisional game to (likely) another playoff team. 49ers will likely wrap up a Top 7 seed in the NFC and people were super sleeping on them prior to that game. This is a team that can compete with anyone. 

7. Tennessee Titans (8-3)

Comments: Titans have proven people wrong time and time again. They have even smashed the team ahead of them on this list. However, I don't think their offense without Henry is good enough to keep their level of play up, and this defense looks great, but the talent level could be exposed at some point. Don't get me wrong, the Titans are solid. Very solid. 

8. Dallas Cowboys (7-3)

Comments: Cowboys play in a very weak division, but they are a very good squad this year, and I'd say a low-key fringe Super Bowl contender. The job Dan Quinn has done with that defense, just WOW. Most of us thought that back-end was going to be the worst in the league. Dak is also playing great along with the OL. 

9. Buffalo Bills (6-4)

Comments: The Bills round out my Super Bowl contenders, at this point in time, even with the blowout loss to the Colts. I will also say that the Bills performing not up to predictions might surprise some, but it doesn't surprise me. I had them going 10-7 this year with a wildcard spot. Everything that could go right last year for them to go 13-3, went right. Don't get me wrong, great squad last year, but every break that could break their way, literally broke their way. They are coming a bit down to where they actually are this year. With that said, I still view the Bills as a Super Bowl Contender. They are loaded with talent.  Absolutely loaded. They are like a less consistent Cardinals. They can blow out any team in the league, quite easily, but also get blown out by any team in the league.....

10. Baltimore Ravens (7-3)

Comments: Do I view the Ravens as a Super Bowl contender at this point in time? No. Could they be by the end of the season? Sure. Lamar needs to be way more consistent. Some weeks he looks like the best QB in the league, and some weeks he looks like the worst QB in the league. If Lamar can be more consistent, and prove that, they can be upgraded to Super Bowl Contenders. However, I don't see that happening. 

11. Indianapolis Colts (6-5)

Comments: Colts are coming to life in a big way. Taylor is amazing. That defense is great. Wentz is pretty solid if healthy. This team is legit, and been battling injuries all year across the board. I'm not sure they'll make the playoffs as their schedule is basically murderer's row, but this is a solid football team. 

12. Los Angeles Chargers (6-4)

Comments: Chargers are a young bipolar team, but when they are on, they're on. 

13. San Francisco 49ers (5-5)

Comments: Too high? I don't think so. This team has been battling injuries all year. They have a fierce defense, and Shanahan seems to have found his groove again on offense. If they were in the AFC, they'd have a better record. NFC is tough as nails this year. 

14. Cincinatti Bengals (6-4) 

Comments: Bengals have a good squad this year. A very young team that is winning earlier than expected. The defense is pretty underrated and the offense, while hit and miss, is pretty electric. 

15. Cleveland Browns (6-5)

Comments: Another team that has dealt with a lot of injuries. When they are on, fully healthy, and clicking, they are a hard out for any team in the league. 

16. Minnesota Vikings (5-5)

Comments: Vikings are a solid team that have had an absolutely brutal schedule so far in 2021. I expect them to wrap up a Top 7 NFC seed. Zimmer's Defense has completely underwhelmed, yet again, but that Viking Offense has star power for days. 

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-4-1)

Comments: Steelers are pretty decent team, and when their defense is clicking, they can compete with anyone. Ben should of been replaced in the off season, and this team would be doing much better. 

18. New Orleans Saints (5-5)

Comments: This team is coming back down to where I expected them to be, around .500. Nothing they have at QB is the answer. They have a great defense, but that offense is just putrid. 

19. Washington Football Team (4-6)

Comments: Coming to life in a big way. Washington always seems to go on big streaks towards the end of the year. They look better each week. 

20. Philadelphia Eagles (5-6)

21. Carolina Panthers (5-6)

22. Las Vegas Raiders (5-5)

Comments: The Raiders have completely crumbled after all of the events this season. Plus, this is their usual second half meltdown they literally do every year. Surprisingly the defense looks solid (first time in nearly 20 years...) but the offense is a disaster. Derek Carr is not the answer. Without Gruden, he is right back to playing like a soft teddy bear. Gruden pushed him. 

23. Denver Broncos (5-5)

24. Miami Dolphins (4-7)

25. Seattle Seahawks (3-7)

26. Atlanta Falcons (4-6)

27. Chicago Bears (3-7)

28. New York Giants (3-7)

29. Houston Texans (2-8)

30. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-8)

31. New York Jets (2-8)

32. Detroit Lions (0-9-1)

Edited by BayRaider

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not really. The East this year is about as good as most other divisions. Middle of the pack. 

mmmm.. It's below average, but not nearly as bad as last year. Cowboys are a good team, all of the other 3 teams range from slightly below average to not very good. 

I don't think that should take away from the Cowboys though. Season to date their opponents are combined to be over .500.

It IS a weak division, but their schedule to date is NOT weak, and they shouldn't be knocked for it

On 11/24/2021 at 2:01 AM, BayRaider said:

10. Baltimore Ravens (7-3)

Comments: Do I view the Ravens as a Super Bowl contender at this point in time? No. Could they be by the end of the season? Sure. Lamar needs to be way more consistent. Some weeks he looks like the best QB in the league, and some weeks he looks like the worst QB in the league. If Lamar can be more consistent, and prove that, they can be upgraded to Super Bowl Contenders. However, I don't see that happening. 

If you think the Ravens season hinges on Lamar being "good or bad", then you haven't watched them enough. It's about if the DEFENSE can be more consistent and his PROTECTION can be more consistent.

Lamar's season to date has been absolute carnage around him, and the question isn't whether he is good or bad, but whether he is heroic enough to get the W anyway.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

mmmm.. It's below average, but not nearly as bad as last year. Cowboys are a good team, all of the other 3 teams range from slightly below average to not very good. 

I don't think that should take away from the Cowboys though. Season to date their opponents are combined to be over .500.

It IS a weak division, but their schedule to date is NOT weak, and they shouldn't be knocked for it

Its really not though. The only divisions clearly ahead are the AFC N and AFC W. The rest of them are right in line (in terms of wins this season) with the East. On top of that, you can argue that our ranking should be elevated since there are some pretty impressive wins (Chargers, Pats, Bucs) within the division. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its really not though. The only divisions clearly ahead are the AFC N and AFC W. The rest of them are right in line (in terms of wins this season) with the East. On top of that, you can argue that our ranking should be elevated since there are some pretty impressive wins (Chargers, Pats, Bucs) within the division. 

I mean.. I hate when people argue with me when I'm generally agreeing with their side of the argument. You ignore the bulk of my post to complain about 1 sentence, then try to convince me of a thing that I already said.. I agreed that Cowboys schedule is such that they should be 

But since you want to argue the division, I'll play ball

In terms of aggregate W/L it goes like this:

1. AFCN .598
  2. NFCW .585
  3. AFCW .561
  4. NFCS .512
  5. NFCE .463
  6. AFCE .452
  7. AFCS .429
  8. NFCN .402

That's a sizeable gap between 4 and 5. They clearly fall under the category of "below average"

But all that's fine, because I agree that their schedule to date is that of a good team that has done it against a fairly difficult schedule so far

Just now, Tk3 said:

I mean.. I hate when people argue with me when I'm generally agreeing with their side of the argument. You ignore the bulk of my post to complain about 1 sentence, then try to convince me of a thing that I already said.. I agreed that Cowboys schedule is such that they should be 

But since you want to argue the division, I'll play ball

In terms of aggregate W/L it goes like this:

1. AFCN .598
  2. NFCW .585
  3. AFCW .561
  4. NFCS .512
  5. NFCE .463
  6. AFCE .452
  7. AFCS .429
  8. NFCN .402

That's a sizeable gap between 4 and 5. They clearly fall under the category of "below average"

But all that's fine, because I agree that their schedule to date is that of a good team that has done it against a fairly difficult schedule so far

Im not talking about the Cowboys tho. I am talking about the East as a whole. As I mentioned - middle of the pack. Not "very weak" as @BayRaider said. 5th is middle of the pack when there are 8 divisions. You can point towards win % and thats fair, but I still stick with my contention that Bayraider was incorrect. The division is average with some impressive wins. 

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

If you think the Ravens season hinges on Lamar being "good or bad", then you haven't watched them enough. It's about if the DEFENSE can be more consistent and his PROTECTION can be more consistent.

Lamar's season to date has been absolute carnage around him, and the question isn't whether he is good or bad, but whether he is heroic enough to get the W anyway.

I have watched plenty of Ravens. Lamar looks completely lost in certain games, even when protection holds up, and he handles pressure worse than any QB I’ve seen this season. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not talking about the Cowboys tho. I am talking about the East as a whole. As I mentioned - middle of the pack. Not "very weak" as @BayRaider said. 5th is middle of the pack when there are 8 divisions. You can point towards win % and thats fair, but I still stick with my contention that Bayraider was incorrect. The division is average with some impressive wins. 

Depends how you measure divisions. NFC East is still the only division without a second team at, at least .500. I’d have the NFCE ranked last, but the gap between them and 7th would be a hair. 7th probably being the NFC South. 6th the AFC South. 

23 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Applause GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY