What would you give up in a trade for James Robinson?

Jeezla

I’m not pushing for trading a high draft pick for Robinson here, but I think the devaluation of the RB position is a little overstated.

Obviously you can find RBs throughout the draft, probably more so than most positions, but we going to pretend that the large majority of the league’s plus backs aren’t 1st-3rd round picks? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

What happened to this dude I haven't seen him take a snap in a while?

He tore his ACL last year and just hasn't healed well. There were reports that "he was close" but it was all complete bs. Anyone watching could see he had a limp while walking. 

I hope he heals regardless if he's playing for us or someone else. He's a good dude.  But having personally had 3 ACL reconstructions on my right knee some people just never completely recover, even with all the medical advancements over the last 30 years.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not pushing for trading a high draft pick for Robinson here, but I think the devaluation of the RB position is a little overstated.

Obviously you can find RBs throughout the draft, probably more so than most positions, but we going to pretend that the large majority of the league’s plus backs aren’t 1st-3rd round picks? 

Agreed, but it really depends if they want a bellcow back or committee.

You can find someone good at one thing later. Speedy receiver, short yardage, or one cut for example. But too often these guys tip the defense on the play type being run. Like when the Bears had Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen as their 1-2 combo. Both were good at their roles but super limited in what they can do. So you had about a 75% chance of knowing run or pass by who was in there and Cohen wasn't passblocking when he was in. Lol. 

You want a guy you're going to build an offense around then you're usually going to invest a premium pick though. 

19 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The NFL values running backs more than analytics guys. I'm more with the NFL on this one tbh.

On 11/25/2021 at 7:04 PM, Yin-Yang said:

The value issue comes from their contract, not their ability. It's much more prudent to spend the 1st-3rd round pick to draft the RB yourself than to spend it on James Robinson, who might be better but will need to be paid in two years' time instead of four. 

18 minutes ago, rich homie said:

The value issue comes from their contract, not their ability. It's much more prudent to spend the 1st-3rd round pick to draft the RB yourself than to spend it on James Robinson, who might be better but will need to be paid in two years' time instead of four. 

Depends on the situation though too. If I were a team that was legitimately competitive and a super bowl hopeful that had a big hole at running back, I'd feel better about taking the variance out and getting a good player right away. 

If I were a bad team, I'd take my swing at getting Kamara / Hunt in round 3. 

5 hours ago, rich homie said:

My point was more about the people who believe that you’re better off looking at Day 3 RBs and you’ll find a quality one then. I don’t think that’s usually the case.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:42 AM, Kiwibrown said:

For the Browns nothing. 

But if I had 0 runningbacks I would consider a 4th and a 5th for Robinson. 

But what team has 0 running backs? I can think of several teams that would probably be a little better with Robinson at the position (Miami and Buf come to mind, probably Atl as well) but I don't think he's a big enough upgrade where you'd invest picks into getting him.