• Ricky Watters
  • Reggie Wayne
  • Vince Wilfork
  • Patrick Willis
  • Darren Woodson
  • Bryant Young

Last year I was 5/5 in my predictions!

On 11/24/2020 at 11:24 PM, Tk3 said:

I'm going to assume I get 5 votes, so here goes.

WR is interesting - I assume Holt, Calvin, and Wayne will eventually get in. I think Ward and Tasker will get drowned out by all the WRs that are about to get on the ballot. I would personally give my vote to Calvin as my WR, but I think it will more likely be Holt first.

Peyton is hands down first ballot

Charles Woodson needs to be first ballot as well

Then give me Alan Faneca and John Lynch for my final 2

None of the new additions are "no brainer first ballot" guys like we had last year.

WR is interesting once again. I think Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, and Andre Johnson are all viable candidates, but I think only one gets in this year, and then the rest start to trickle in over the next few ballots

Zach Thomas has been hanging onto the list far too long, and Patrick Willis, who inexpicably was left off of the final ballot is deserving. Dude has 5 All Pros in his short 8 seasons

DeMarcus Ware as a first ballot guy with 138 sacks has a shot

And I'll give my final vote to LeRoy Butler who is long overdue. I think Richard Seymour also has a legitimate shot, and Tony Boselli has been in the conversation for years.

But I feel good about my five for now

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's weird to me is that there are no players who I feel are no absolute without a doubt players for it this year.

If I'm naming 5 from that list.

LB Patrick Willis
WR Steve Smith
WR Andre Johnson
LB DeMarcus Ware
KR Devin Hester

Steve Smith deserves to get in one day, but he should wait. Same with Hester. take those 2 and give it to a few elders

• Like 1

That's a really tough list to pick from. Ware is a surefire first ballot guy, but after that it gets tricky.

You could argue the most deserving players on the list are Mathis, Mills, Ware, Allen, Thomas and Willis...but obviously 6 LBs/DEs won't make it in. The glut at pass rusher is going to mirror the WR situation in a few more years when JPP, Suggs, Jones, Watt, Bennett, Miller and Mack are all eligible.

You have to think one of Holt, Johnson, Wayne, Boldin and Ward makes it, just to try and thin the bottleneck at WR. It would be  Holt for me, but I can see the case for the others (except Ward, and Steelers/rings bias might carry him through).

Hester should make it too. Being on the list as a pure returner shows how special he was.

So that's probably Ware, Hester, and a WR for definite. Leaving two more slots. A DB and either OL/DL makes sense. Ronde Barber more than deserves a slot, so maybe Wilfork or Boselli to close it out.

Ware, Holt, Hester, Barber, Wilfork is a class I could live with, in the fact the first one in a while I would say doesn't have a glaring omission or a "WTF" pick.

26 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just get one of the Patriots in and I’ll be happy

would be funny if they don't and in the end the Patriots won 6 Super Bowls in 18 years with just 3 HOFers. Seymour, Wilfork and Rodney Harrison should already be in but I can see them getting screwed.

• Like 1