Bears @ Lions

Louis Friend

I didn't get to watch the last few minutes of the game. Not completely shocked that we would be winning and then lose on a FG. Such is the life of a Lions fan. 

I feel like we're going to win a game but it'll be like week 16 or week 17 when a team is packing things up for the season and/or getting ready for a playoff push. 

Looking at the schedule

- Week 15: Atlanta

- Week 16: Seattle

- Week 17: Green Bay

We could win one of those games based on the circumstances. 

I think I'm packing it in for the year. Not sure what else I can gather during these games, they just arent entertaining and I like the hope but dang... I guess they could win... Yosemite's super volcano could blow up tomorrow too... Lots of things are possible with minimal probability. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I think I'm packing it in for the year. Not sure what else I can gather during these games, they just arent entertaining and I like the hope but dang... I guess they could win... Yosemite's super volcano could blow up tomorrow too... Lots of things are possible with minimal probability. 

I still enjoy watching the younger players develop. 

I thought Josh Reynolds showed something. McNeil seems to be making plays. I like Barnes. Amani seems to find a way to make plays. Sewell seems to be coming along.

This coaching staff is hard to watch though. They continue to do the players and fans no favors.

• Like 2

Goff had his best game as a Lion. Todays Goff is the version I thought the Lions were getting.

So, Goff gets in a groove and is 11/11 and a really nice ball to Reynolds’s for the TD. Then the oline starts it’s never ending holding penalties and DC starts running the ball. 1st and 35 so he runs the ball three times. Great strategy to destroy Geoff’s rhythm.

Campbells play calling and clock management cost the Lions an opportunity for the win. Three games he’s called plays. That’s enough learning give the play calling back to Lynn.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I still enjoy watching the younger players develop. 

I thought Josh Reynolds showed something. McNeil seems to be making plays. I like Barnes. Amani seems to find a way to make plays. Sewell seems to be coming along.

This coaching staff is hard to watch though. They continue to do the players and fans no favors.

Sewell has played at a very high level. Today the entire oline was in trouble. Chicago has a very good line.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Sewell has played at a very high level. Today the entire oline was in trouble. Chicago has a very good line.

The last 5 weeks before this game, PFF had him as the 6th best OT over that period.  He has his season long PFF grade up to 73 which is great given his rough stretch early in the year.  

22 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The last 5 weeks before this game, PFF had him as the 6th best OT over that period.  He has his season long PFF grade up to 73 which is great given his rough stretch early in the year.  

Week 12 - 78.6 (93.2 RBLK; 57.6 PBLK)

Week 11 - 81.1 (78.4 RBLK; 82.5 PBLK)

Week 10 - 72.9 (67.7 RBLK; 79.3 PBLK)

Week 8 - 68.4 (53.9 RBLK; 80.4 PBLK)

Week 7 - 81.1 (86.7 RBLK; 67.4 PBLK)

Week 6 - 74.8 (87.3 RBLK; 81.3 PBLK)

• Like 1

This game was...disappointing, I guess, but not surprising. That's just what the Lions do. 

I do think that Campbell has taken on more than he needs to with the playcalling duties. That's not a strength of his. Maybe Lynn is still calling most of the plays and Campbell is mostly just there to communicate with the QB, but it has been stupidly conservative at times these last few weeks. 

Campbell got hired because he's a motivator and leader, not because he's some kind of offensive or defensive guru. He needs to let his position coaches and coordinators do their thing. 

I'm not out on Campbell because the players still seem to be playing hard (unlike with Patricia) and the staff has somehow had this dumpster fire of a roster still in the vast majority of the games that we have played, but he has made some big mistakes. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

This game was...disappointing, I guess, but not surprising. That's just what the Lions do. 

I do think that Campbell has taken on more than he needs to with the playcalling duties. That's not a strength of his. Maybe Lynn is still calling most of the plays and Campbell is mostly just there to communicate with the QB, but it has been stupidly conservative at times these last few weeks. 

Campbell got hired because he's a motivator and leader, not because he's some kind of offensive or defensive guru. He needs to let his position coaches and coordinators do their thing. 

I'm not out on Campbell because the players still seem to be playing hard (unlike with Patricia) and the staff has somehow had this dumpster fire of a roster still in the vast majority of the games that we have played, but he has made some big mistakes. 

I agree that Campbell doesn't need to be calling plays. But I think there is more to the Anthony Lynn situation than just not "getting along" with Jared Goff. I have a feeling Lynn might be the coordinator we replace this offseason. I'd be okay with Duce calling plays, he is the AHC afterall. 

I did like more downfield throws this game, but they happened way too late. We have to get Reynolds, ARSB and Hockenson involved. Not so much to win a game or two, but just for development of those guys and to see what the players can do and what the coaches can draw up. 

Overall, I expected minimal wins. Up to 3 if everything worked. I'd settle for one at this point. 

• Like 1