Sashi - Money Ball Pros and Cons

Mastercheddaar

# of posts before this becomes a con fest?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. # of posts before this becomes a con fest?

• 2-5
    • At least until the first page
    • I'm amazed you were able to list one for us already,
    • Hornby...

Pro's:

1. Getting our salary cap in order.

2. Getting previous regime mistakes salaries FOR compensation (Gilbert, Irving, Mingo)

3. Masterful Trades IMO: Getting a 4th for a punter, getting Jamie Collins for a comp 3rd, Getting Jamar Taylor for swapping of 7th's round picks. Trading down in the draft and getting proper Value for our traded picks

4. A solid Job in FA IMO: Signing Collins, finding BBCalhoun, Signing McCourty, Found Teveon Coely, Tretter, Zeitler (taking him FROM a div rival), its too early to list CB Michael Jordan, but he looked VERY solid last week. Not overpaying for Tayshun Gipson, Travis Benjamin (ect)

5. The draft record (year 1: when they didnt have a chance to prepare for the draft really: (Corey Coleman (looks studly, needs health), Ogbah (beast vs the run, gets QBPrs but not sacks yet, blocked a FG last week), Nassib (has looked solid), Coleman (startin RT), Jo Scho (looks like a stud), Kindred (one of the leading Tkls @ S in the NFL, Devale, Drango (held down LT WELL last week), Kessler (Hue dosent like him but I do) and Scooby Wright (top LB off the bench for Az).

6. Draft in the 2nd year: Garret (no brainier), Peppers (playing out of position, has not made the individual impact, but he is the FS for a top 8 D (#2 in YPC vs)), Njoku (has shown flashes- 21yo), Kizer (the Jury is out, but was a consensus top 3 QB coming last year....was #1 for MUCH of the year), Ogunjobi (looks like he is going to be a stud), Howard Wilson + Roderick Johnson (both are hurt..but I like Wilson's potential...watched him scouting Ed Oliver two years ago), Caleb Brantly (has looked GOOD, has a couple of sacks, and was able to sift through the BS assault story and got a 1rst/High 2nd round talent in round 6), Gonzales (has sucked, but I LOVED the pick at the time...best college kicker I've seen since Mike Nuggent) and Mathew Days (getting anything out of a 7th round rookie is pretty good....has been solid on ST).

7. Identifying and locking up the core of this team for the long term (Kirsky, Bintonio, Jamar Taylor, Collins etc)

8. Staying out of the coaches way.....Ray Farmer was not good at this....

9. Not throwing the Coach under the bus......COULD have easily done it after the colts game....49 pass attempts by a rookie who you KNOW is not ready??? against a team who cant stop the run...AND you had a top 5 D at the time.....

Cons

1. Free Agent signing: Britt, has been a bust, but the other ones, Coats, Treggs, TY Mcgill....Britt is the only Big FA to bust....the other guys are churning the back of the roster IMO. Some would add letting Schwartz walk...but in all honesty, they made him an above average market deal, he said no, I can do better...he couldnt and then came back and wanted the originally deal, which was reduced to his "Market Value" at that point, which he balked at and signed with KC. I LIKE PERSONALLY like the way that sets a tone for the way you do business. 

2. Have not found the QB of the Future. At the same time, they clearly stated they needed to build the foundation of the roster and an Oline BEFORE finding the QB of the future. WHICH I personally agree with. In their time here, there has been no Andrew Luck coming out and no FA like Cousins, Bree's and the other FA QB's who will be available THIS offseason.

3. image2113171x.jpg

Hmmmm.....Could only think of 2....

Archived