Bucs (7-3) @ Colts (6-5)

indifference

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is why we put so much effort into stopping the run.

Yea it worked well for sure..   What's funny is everyone saying Frank should  have ran the ball more.  In the first half Taylor was shut down I don't think he even had a 5 yard run.  Then at the end of the game the Bucs went to a  light box to defend the pass which is when he got most of the chunk plays.  The Bucs defensive game plan was to shut down Taylor and let Wentz beat you which almost worked.

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea it worked well for sure..   What's funny is everyone saying Frank should  have ran the ball more.  In the first half Taylor was shut down I don't think he even had a 5 yard run.  Then at the end of the game the Bucs went to a  light box to defend the pass which is when he got most of the chunk plays.  The Bucs defensive game plan was to shut down Taylor and let Wentz beat you which almost worked.

I'm still salty about the Colts last drive of each half.  The defense does a really good job on 1st and 2nd down.  3rd and over 5 a defense needs to get off the field easily over 50% of the time.  Not this defense.  Either the DL does not pass rush properly in their lane or soft arse coverage in the secondary.  In the first half, 3rd and 16.  For some reason, Shaq tries to go around the RT, but ends up behind Wentz and on the ground.  Wentz has a huge gap inside with the secondary playing man coverage, runs away from Suh to the sticks.  Disgusting.  Second half, Colts have 3rd and 5 from the Bucs 15.  This is at the time the biggest play of the game with the Bucs up by 7.  Desir is playing off coverage.  WR simply runs a hitch right past the sticks.  What is Desir thinking?  Is he worried about getting beat deep from the 15 yd line?  I just don t get it.  Situational football on the defensive side of the ball, they are still playing dumb.  It needs to stop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I'm still salty about the Colts last drive of each half.  The defense does a really good job on 1st and 2nd down.  3rd and over 5 a defense needs to get off the field easily over 50% of the time.  Not this defense.  Either the DL does not pass rush properly in their lane or soft arse coverage in the secondary.  In the first half, 3rd and 16.  For some reason, Shaq tries to go around the RT, but ends up behind Wentz and on the ground.  Wentz has a huge gap inside with the secondary playing man coverage, runs away from Suh to the sticks.  Disgusting.  Second half, Colts have 3rd and 5 from the Bucs 15.  This is at the time the biggest play of the game with the Bucs up by 7.  Desir is playing off coverage.  WR simply runs a hitch right past the sticks.  What is Desir thinking?  Is he worried about getting beat deep from the 15 yd line?  I just don t get it.  Situational football on the defensive side of the ball, they are still playing dumb.  It needs to stop.

Yep its terrible how they just always seem to F something up on the huge impactful downs.  But yea I honestly think Desir was afraid of TY Hilton getting a really good release.  EVEN still Desir is too ******* slow to be playing that far back on 3rd 5 at the 15 lol.

• Like 1

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2021.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2020.htm

It’s interesting that when you look at Tampa’s defense last year compared to this year especially against the pass it’s not the glaring fall off you think. In some categories 2021 is straight up better despite having a decimated secondary for the vast majority of the year 

We sort of have this romanticized version of the 2020 bucs defense because of what happened in the Super Bowl. They were a very poor pass defense for the majority of the year. I watched Justin Herbert in like his 3 start behind the worst offensive line in football, zero run game with a coaching staff that got fired torch that defense. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2021.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2020.htm

It’s interesting that when you look at Tampa’s defense last year compared to this year especially against the pass it’s not the glaring fall off you think. In some categories 2021 is straight up better despite having a decimated secondary for the vast majority of the year 

We sort of have this romanticized version of the 2020 bucs defense because of what happened in the Super Bowl. They were a very poor pass defense for the majority of the year. I watched Justin Herbert in like his 3 start behind the worst offensive line in football, zero run game with a coaching staff that got fired torch that defense. 

Yeah the secondary turned it around in the playoffs. Regular season play was not very good so it was a shock to most of us when we held the Saints and GB pass attack in check. Chiefs game was all DL.

Maybe Bowles will work his magic again in the post season.

52 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah the secondary turned it around in the playoffs. Regular season play was not very good so it was a shock to most of us when we held the Saints and GB pass attack in check. Chiefs game was all DL.

Maybe Bowles will work his magic again in the post season.

This entire season for Tampa Bay feels like a similar grind as last year just for different reasons. Injuries.

The good news is that they actually showed mental toughness in this last game and with some players returning and an easy schedule, they are in a solid spot.

• Like 2