Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

Surprised you didn’t say packers Rams. This is a very big game for Matthew Stafford. Not only is he coming off 2 terrible performances in a row, he’s facing the packers. For year as a lion whenever they would lose to greenbay it would always be “well what do you want him to do, he has no coach or team”. 

That’s  over now. Also if they lose this game they can essentially kiss the division good by and best case scenario is you are the 5th seed having to go on the road 3 straight times to get to the Super Bowl which has only been done 4 times in the last 40 years 

Edited by CP3MVP

Im definitely looking forward to Rams at Packers. Thats really the game I was looking forward to the most when the schedule came out. The Rams had a BYE before this game so that gave them an extra week to get Von and OBJ more acclimated to the system on their respective sides of the ball. Also the Packers are beat up on the OL, Jones even if he plays he is still hurt, and ARod is dealing with a toe injury. Heck thats all he has been talking about was his toe injury. He hasnt practiced all week and I think the one guy thats motivated more than ever to impact this game is a big way is Donald. The last time we saw Donald in Green Bay he was in tears bc he was hurt and ineffective and couldnt help the team as a result. I think he is definitely going to atone for that and ARod better heal up fast bc Donald is going to test to see just how hurt ARod really is in this game. 

The Rams know they have to win this game to get back on track. I expect McVay to get back to running the ball with Henderson or at least he better. Henderson is averaging over 4.5ypc on the ground when he do get carries. He just dont get them enough. So if the Rams can start to run the ball more that will then open up the playaction pass game and I think OBJ is going to make some plays, Kupp is going to be Kupp, and I think Stafford is going to get back on track too with lighting up defenses like he was doing before the Titans and Niners game. 

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Beating the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, Colts x2, Saints, and Patriots(in the scenario mentioned above) when you consistently have the most injuries all year long makes you the coach the year. 

Cause other teams don't have injuries.  And some teams have a heap of backups to start too.

If they keep #1 seed sure, he has a decent shot. But I'm not so sure they will keep it.  Weird crowning him after the Pats.  

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Beating the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, Colts x2, Saints, and Patriots(in the scenario mentioned above) when you consistently have the most injuries all year long makes you the coach the year. 

Cardinals, Packers, and Ravens have also won games despite being massively hit by injuries too. You're not unique.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Cardinals, Packers, and Ravens have also won games despite being massively hit by injuries too. You're not unique.

Once again, no other team has dealt with more. You still want to live on that bs “Henry is the only significant injury”? Or how about the “Henry isn’t special and any RB can run behind that OL”? 

31 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Cause other teams don't have injuries.  And some teams have a heap of backups to start too.

If they keep #1 seed sure, he has a decent shot. But I'm not so sure they will keep it.  Weird crowning him after the Pats.  

No other team has more and now even more significant players are missing substantial amount of time. I don’t think they’re keeping the #1 seed. Hell I don’t think they’re a guarantee to win the division anymore at this rate. I think you’re missing what I originally said though with was a hypothetical. If the Titans go into Foxborough and win starting the likes of D’Onta Foreman at RB, Nick Westbrook-Ikene, Dez Fitzpatrick, and Chester Rogers at WR, including missing key defensive starters, then he deserves the award. It’s not really that serious. Y’all take everything so damn serious all the time. 

58 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

i'm ambivalent on the vrabel COTY discussion, but tennessee is literally the most-injured team in recorded nfl history. "other teams have injuries" isn't really doing the work you think it is.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm ambivalent on the vrabel COTY discussion, but tennessee is literally the most-injured team in recorded nfl history. "other teams have injuries" isn't really doing the work you think it is.

The graphic makes the case that Green Bay and Baltimore have both had more significant losses in terms of "value" of the players lost times the games they missed. All have three losses.

COTY will resolve itself over 7 games. All of Baltimore's remaining 7 opponents have a winning record. So if they win the conference, then the case for Harbaugh would make itself. It's also possible they fall out of the AFC playoff spot given their margins so far and how tight the conference is. Likewise for the other teams, still a lot of data to be had.

47 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The graphic makes the case that Green Bay and Baltimore have both had more significant losses in terms of "value" of the players lost times the games they missed. All have three losses.

COTY will resolve itself over 7 games. All of Baltimore's remaining 7 opponents have a winning record. So if they win the conference, then the case for Harbaugh would make itself. It's also possible they fall out of the AFC playoff spot given their margins so far and how tight the conference is. Likewise for the other teams, still a lot of data to be had.

it's an extremely questionable metric. in what universe is losing a HOF-level, best player on your team who was on pace for a historic season, plus your two other best offensive weapons, roughly comparable to a team like new england or denver's situation? how are we defining "value" here? and that's saying nothing of the injuries on the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's an extremely questionable metric. in what universe is losing a HOF-level, best player on your team who was on pace for a historic season, plus your two other best offensive weapons, roughly comparable to a team like new england or denver's situation? how are we defining "value" here? and that's saying nothing of the injuries on the other side of the ball.

It is absolutely an imperfect metric. However, Derrick Henry played 8 full games and missed 3, so that hasn't had a chance to weigh in as much as guys who have missed most or all of the season. He will account for more AV lost as the season goes on. It's not a measure of current state, which wouldn't be a good way to measure how impressive having a record would be anyway.

Edited by wackywabbit