Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Henry To'o To'o returning is an odd decision.

True but he is no where close to the #1 ILB in this deep class, Dean, Clark and Lloyd are all clearly better than he is, he had kind of an up and down year and a potentially great team returning, I guess why not return, be a possible 1st rounder compared to being a 2nd but most likely 3rd round pick. Jack Campbell is a talented player and Ulofoshio but he is coming off an injury and Nathaniel Watson is good but Henry is right in line with any of them if not better than all of them.

Biggest surprise is Battle coming back, if he continues to improve like he has this year he could become an outstanding safety next year.  

Alex Leatherwood did the same thing a few years back in an attempt at a National Title for Bama, same with DeVonta Smith, Najee Harris and Landon Dickerson most recently.  

8 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Looks like a school shooter. Thought that would be an issue in the states

Thus the Matrix thing with the duster, then again American is a gun happy nuts culture so that type of thing is sadly common place and totally mainstream based on what is on TV every day.  Obviously the kid trying to develop some buzz or a following or a trademark nickname but clearly safeties cannot really hit in the NFL anymore anyway so not sure it is the greatest attempt at a nickname.  

Edited by Ozzy

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Disagree. Day 2 pick. Good athlete, good instincts, and good all around game.

True but he had some shortcomings this year, coming back and cleans those things up could make him a 1st round pick in 2023.   Same with Harris, outside of the National Championship game where he played the best he has all season he had a rough year especially early in the season, same with DJ Dale and Byron Young.

All played better later in the year but should have been much stronger early on, same I guess with Malachi Moore but that was more injury related I believe.  

Look at Mathis this past year, dude was nothing great his entire career then has a great senior season and could easily be a 2nd round pick if not maybe higher than that with a good workout.  So coming back to school is not always a bad thing, especially now since they can get NIL money, odd it is not happening more honestly but sure the numbers in the end for guys who declared will be up there again.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 5:45 AM, lark25 said:

I think I'd put Chenal a fair bit higher based on being a far better athlete than most of those above. Has the intangibles seemingly so Production plus athleticism.

Its verified that hes a freakish athlete. By no means is every great athlete a good LB, some such but then there are reasons for that. 

RAS posts today meant The old trademark "look i was right post"