Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Turner will get drafted late or be a priority fa

Not so sure about that one, he is good but has never really been great and has never taken his game to that next level I feel.  Very good player but absolutely could be a UDFA.  Not sure I would take him over any of these guys, and even with these guys the bottom 5-8 or so will most likely not be drafted either.  Sure some might not declare but most likely more than less with declare including some new guys possibly added to the list.

Treylon Burks Arkansas JR
Garrett Wilson Ohio State JR
Jameson Williams Alabama JR
Chris Olave Ohio State
Drake London USC JR
Jahan Dotson Penn State
David Bell Purdue JR
John Metchie III Alabama JR
Romeo Doubs Nevada
Charleston Rambo Miami FL RS JR
Justyn Ross Clemson RS JR
George Pickens Georgia JR
Calvin Austin III Memphis
Keytaon Thompson Virginia RS
Kevin Austin Jr Notre Dame
Emeka Emezie NC State RS
Ronnie Bell Michigan
Tyquan Thornton Baylor
Gunner Romney BYU
Dontario Drummond Ole Miss
Christian Watson NDSU
Mike Harley Miami FL RS
Jequez Ezzard Sam Houston State
Thomas Hennigan App State RS
Khalil Shakir Boise State
Ty Fryfogle Indiana
Samori Toure Nebraska
Josh Vann South Carolina
Bo Melton Rutgers RS
Dontay Demus Jr Maryland
Alec Pierce Cincinnati
Chris Autman-Bell Minnesota RS

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I haven't kept up with Clemson this year. 

He return healthy and good to go? 

Not really, he seemed pretty frail when I saw him play.  Still talented but no were near the talent he was as a true freshman when he dominated those last few big time games of the season.  He had 12 catches, about 300 yards, around 25 per catch and 3 TDs against Bama and Notre Dame.  He is no were close to that in terms of production and does not quite seem like the same player physically, but as a mid round draft pick could be ok but is no were close to a 1st rounder like he was projected to become.  

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I firmly believe someone could draft this guy late and turn him into a serviceable WR. He was held back at VT.

Sure he is decent but join the club

Granted this class might have been deeper than this up coming year but just look at the UDFA receivers in 2019.  And the top three or four have been pretty damn productive at times, and still many of these guys did not even stick on a roster.  So at WR unless you are really great or time really well it is a hard climb. 

Jakobi Meyers
Olamide Zaccheaus
Deonte Harris
Preston Williams
Antoine Wesley
Greg Dortch
Keelan Doss
Tyron Johnson
Johnnie Dixon
Emmanuel Butler
Emanuel Hall
Anthony Johnson
Stanley Morgan
David Sills
DaMarkus Lodge
Jazz Ferguson
Felton Davis
Tyre Brady

Sure Turner was held back a bit but really great receivers actually make the QB look good, case in point would be Tanner Morgan, Rashod Bateman and Tyler Johnson made him look obviously better than he actually is and without them it was a different ball game.  

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure Turner was held back a bit but really great receivers actually make the QB look good, case in point would be Tanner Morgan, Rashod Bateman and Tyler Johnson made him look obviously better than he actually is and without them it was a different ball game.  

I dunno if you watched much of Braxton Burmeister this year, but anything "good" he did with his arm came from Tavyion and Tre helping him :) 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:53 AM, Scoundrel said:

Overshown returning. Interesting decision 

Not an awful choice, he kind of tailed off after that great game against OU as did that entire team.  Most likely would have have been a 1st rounder so why not return and get a chance to be a 1st rounder.   Good for him to return and try to get a little better, but this is going to be confusing as hell because what any player can return if they want to?  I have seen true seniors come back and RS SRs come back as well, so what any player can return if they want to because of that COVID year but some did claim that year as a RS year and are still a "freshman like Noah Sewell did even though he should be considered a RS FR now because he played basically that entire COVID year.  

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jurkovec going back to BC

Yeah not a huge surprise and probably could use another season, still could have been a mid round pick but probably is hoping for a 1st round chance if he plays great next year.   Jayden Daniels on Arizona State is returning to school as well.  Will be interesting what Armstrong on Virginia does and Nix on Auburn.  

George Karlaftis and David Bell declared for the draft, not a huge surprise and both should be lock 1st round picks.