Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

On 12/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Ozzy said:

No word on this dude yet but I believe he is leaning big time toward declaring, could return for another season though potentially.  By the way this photo is insane, that dude is a mountain, well worth a 2nd round pick and could sneak into the 1st if he works out well.

84432e0ec9f900bdfe462a5322272c7f

Two other Gophers Tanner Morgan and Mohamed Ibrahim already said they were coming back to school.  Spencer Rattler is obviously not declaring since he is in the transfer portal, Dax Hollifield is coming back for another season on Virginia Tech.

Who is he?

On 12/11/2021 at 12:36 AM, Scoundrel said:

Kid is 23 by draft day but I guess an early entry due to covid year. Jermaine Johnson ll FSU and former UGA Edge

Kyle Hamilton and Kyren Williams in from Notre Dame as well

Kyren Williams I like on Notre Dame but kind of surprised he declared.  No way he is better than Kenneth Walker III if he comes out or Breece Hall and maybe not even Isaiah Spiller.  And no way Kyren is a 1st round pick.  Odd because with Freeman back at Notre Dame I would think he would want to stick around and have potentially a dominant year next season, maybe he was a big Brian Kelly fan and thinks they will change the scheme or something.

Brock Hoffman Virginia Tech has declared for the draft, could turn out to be a very solid and deep group of centers in the up coming draft.  Hoffman is a solid player, good base and could play OG as well if asked to.

Tyler Linderbaum Iowa JR
Jarrett Patterson Notre Dame
Nick Brahms Auburn RS
Andrew Vastardis Michigan RS
Doug Kramer Illinois RS
Conner Olson Minnesota RS
Brock Hoffman Virginia Tech RS JR
John Michael Schmitz Minnesota RS
Chris Owens Alabama RS
Liam Shanahan LSU RS
Shane Vallot Louisiana RS

On 12/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, Ozzy said:

Kyren Williams I like on Notre Dame but kind of surprised he declared.  No way he is better than Kenneth Walker III if he comes out or Breece Hall and maybe not even Isaiah Spiller.  And no way Kyren is a 1st round pick.  Odd because with Freeman back at Notre Dame I would think he would want to stick around and have potentially a dominant year next season, maybe he was a big Brian Kelly fan and thinks they will change the scheme or something.

I don't think Williams was ever looking at the 1st round or RB #1/#2. For a RB with 2 strong years of production, you might as well declare.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I don't think Williams was ever looking at the 1st round or RB #1/#2. For a RB with 2 strong years of production, you might as well declare.

Agreed 100%. This year his production was down from what a lot his fans thought he could do but I’m not sure that the reason falls on him. NDs offense was rough this year and next year I’m not sure it gets any better. He was still able to demonstrate a lot of the talent and skill that I had seen in 2020 that I liked so much about him, just not as efficient with the results. I think we see him go in 3rd round, behind guys like Walker, Hall, Spiller and some team ends up very happy with a 1B RB for their offense. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WPS said:

Jalen Catalon returning to school

Good for him, I had him early as a high 1st round pick but he has missed a lot of games this year and just has not seemed as productive.  99 tackles a year ago and around 46 or so this year, big drop off in production and again has missed games with injury.  Has amazing talent and hopefully he can have a great season next year and work his way into the 1st round again.