Early declaration thread 2022

LinderFournette

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

He'll put up fantastic numbers in pre-draft testing.  Didn't really have all that great of a season though. Gets lost in coverage, likes to arm tackle and lacks discipline

I did not think he played that poorly this year, was easily the best season of his career but sure he has some things to improve on.  Dude is easily the top or the #2 OLB in the up coming draft.  Possibly Devin Lloyd could go ahead of him but some also view Lloyd as more of a ILB than OLB.  There are simply not many high level OLBs in this up coming draft and I think it is a smart move for him to declare, could be a late 1st rounder but most likely 2nd round pick.

Brandon Smith, Devin Lloyd and Cam Jones then there is a bit of a drop off in terms of pure 4/3 OLBs that are not edge players.  And yeah like you said he could put up great athletic testing numbers which will not hurt.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, smokeybandit said:

He'll put up fantastic numbers in pre-draft testing.  Didn't really have all that great of a season though. Gets lost in coverage, likes to arm tackle and lacks discipline

I have noted that he is the perfect Tomlin 1st round pick.  Young, hyper athletic and fast.  Can't play football or tackle.  Pencil him in for the Steelers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

I have noted that he is the perfect Tomlin 1st round pick.  Young, hyper athletic and fast.  Can't play football or tackle.  Pencil him in for the Steelers.

Isn't QB, OL, CB or DL a bigger issue than LB for them?

It is kind of odd how bad Devin Bush is, I thought he would be a lot better based on how good he was early in his career.  

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Roger McCreary in

Yeah pretty nuts when a Senior has to declare as if he is a underclassmen just because he could have returned if he wanted to with a COVID year but in all honesty he played basically a full year last year as a JR and this would be his Senior year this past season.

Or is Auburn like Michigan and Notre Dame, they only go off academic year and do not list any season as a redshirt season, did McCreary take a redshirt year his freshman year in 2018?  I do not believe he did.

And I see it was news Grayson McCall did not declare for the draft as a RS SOPH, not sure how that is news or why he would declare.  For sure is a NFL prospect but not sure he is good enough to declare as a RS SOPH.

What basically every player in college football has to "declare" for the draft and are considered an underclassmen because they can all come back if they wanted but I thought 2020-2021 was the COVID year not 2021-2022, I guess some claimed the COVID year and it was reflected in what they are listed at and others did not claim it till after the season.

I see on the Underclassmen tracker lists for the 2022 draft Kenny Pickett the 5th year RS SR is listed as a underclassman that declared early.  So if that is the case then everyone in the draft should be on that underclassman list I guess.

Oh and word to the wise, Joshua Mack, what the hell are you doing?  Declare and you ran for under 500 yards this year on Liberty?  Sure at times he looked ok but a NFL back or UDFA?  That would be a surprise, there are tons of backs better than him out there.  Hell give me Pierre Strong out of South Dakota State all day over Mack on Liberty as a UDFA.  

I just don't know where some of these guys get their information from, especially now when you can just be in college for like six years and get free education, food, housing, medical etc for another year and even switch schools and play right away as well.  Not sure how some believe they are NFL prospects yet.