Week 12: Jets vs Texans

Bobby816

You guys jump through the craziest mental hurdles. When picking Zach, everyone was saying how his stats and tools matter more than the competition. This sub was gushing over his ceiling despite playing one good season in an asterisk year. Now we're complaining about picking a guy who didn't play tough teams, and ignoring that the tools are still there.

Zach has played all of 6 games in the NFL. His first 3 games were literally the first 3 for both our HC and OC as well. Give the kid a damn break. We all said how he doesn't check down and take the easy pass, and last game he finally did that. That's improvement. There's more to improve obviously, but he's showing he understands how to grow.

Like I didn't even want Zach at #2, but I'm still behind him here. Had he went to the Pats, we'd all be crying over how we let the next Aaron Rodgers slip through our fingers.

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

but he should have shown some improvements and in my eyes he has not or you could even argue he even got worse as the season goes on

Not gonna argue that point because there is none to be made.

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

In my eyes Mike White is way above him from the first game and half he played to one bad game against the best D in the league. Why does Mike White not start over him?

I would not mind seeing White start again just to see what we have.  He played one good game and one bad game.  His play probably lies somewhere in the middle.  Yes, he is probably a better QB than Zach at the moment.  But this year was and is all about developing Zach.  It has been repeated by Saleh more than once so we are going to have to live with the **** show we see now for the rest of the year most likely.  However, I would think the game plan would be to see how Zach comes back for next year.  He will probably be on a short leash, as he should.  MFW will always be considered a backup QB.  It will be interesting to see his market come the off season.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think my favorite defense of Mike White was that he went against one of the best defenses in the league. Shouldn't a good QB be able to navigate a tough defense and not just airmail 4 picks? He's been in the league for like 4 seasons.

I disagree here. Mike White had no starts that I know of before the Jets. He had no reps all season with the starters. Then he gets hurt and plays on a short week with the Colts.. Mike White has had evertything against him.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree here. Mike White had no starts that I know of before the Jets. He had no reps all season with the starters. Then he gets hurt and plays on a short week with the Colts.. Mike White has had evertything against him.

Lol Mike had 3 years of practice squad reps. Zach got #1 reps all summer and to start the season. Mike White should not be this ahead of Zach Wilson and he is. That being said we have to let Zach play the rest of the year unless he is just god awful or he gets hurt. You have to see progress going into 2022 or we are in trouble. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Lol Mike had 3 years of practice squad reps. Zach got #1 reps all summer and to start the season. Mike White should not be this ahead of Zach Wilson and he is. That being said we have to let Zach play the rest of the year unless he is just god awful or he gets hurt. You have to see progress going into 2022 or we are in trouble. 

Agree with this. Play on the field. We should be starting White. Invest made in Wilson forced us to start Wilson. Which I’m ok with. I just see him not getting much better. It’s very rare to see a highly drafted QB start right away and actual just be awful for a whole season. And that’s what we might see. Making it very hard to be optimistic about him going forward. But he needs a few years to really make a full opinion on him. But through 2/3 season…. He’s bad. I’m cheering for him to do good and for it to click with him. It’s just he’s had a lot going his way and he still can’t make good things happen. 

• Like 1