Rams @ Packers (Divisional Round Rematch)

stl4life07

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

We will never win anything with Stafford. That trade was a complete disaster. 

Stafford's trade is a disaster but the defense, the special team, the depht overall is more disastrous than Stafford. 

I mean, last year in playoff, we saw our weakness in stopping the run and we did nothing to upgrade this area whatsoever. 

We got bigger issue than Stafford right now.

9 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Stafford's trade is a disaster but the defense, the special team, the depht overall is more disastrous than Stafford. 

I mean, last year in playoff, we saw our weakness in stopping the run and we did nothing to upgrade this area whatsoever. 

We got bigger issue than Stafford right now.

Our biggest hurdle right now is we have a ton of holes without any draft capital. The upgrade at QB was supposed to be the difference but that clearly isn't the case. 

1 minute ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

On top of everything, Hekker looks totally washed up. Should have kept Bojo. And that’s not just saying it in hindsight. He was the better punter in preseason. Hekker has no pop in his punts anymore 

I mean we are all upset but Hekker just miss 1 punt. There are a lot biggest concern than Hekker right now. And that's the whole special team who doesn't look anything special. 

So my take on this game is definitely the Packers had the homefield advantage. Alot of things went their way from the calls to the ball literally bouncing their way and even that wouldve been td by Jefferson from Kupp his foot was out of bounds. As bad as the Rams looked early on they still couldve been up 14-13 had Jefferson been in bounds.

I dont come away from this game feeling like I did the previous two games. Those big plays that Jefferson and OBJ showed what the Rams can do to any team at any time of the game. I thought Kupp was quiet which is rare for him. Those turnovers was huge for the Packers especially since the Rams couldnt get the ball to bounce their way. The Rams shouldve had at least 3 or 4 turnovers themselves between not recovering fumbles and dropped ints. One of those dropped ints led to the Rams fumbling on special teams the next play. I told my friend too bc I was on the phone with him that the defender have to catch that int bc you get momentum and your prevent your special teams from fumbling like they did on the next play.

Overall, through everything the Rams went through in this game if they are capable of scoring 28pts playing sloppy against a really good defense in the Packers AND they left points on the board I strongly think we will be fine moving forward. The biggest overreaction is what Aikman said in that if the Rams play like they did over the past 3 games they might not win another game. He supposed to be better than that but again he does watch the Cowboys alot so he gets confused to what a joke of a franchise is versus a real franchise in the Rams who have actually been to Superbowls and conference championships over the past 26yrs lol. The Rams will be fine. I still believe (12-5) at worst (11-6) still being the 5th seed and I dont believe their struggles will continue throughout the season into the playoffs. If anyone of you believe that then yall are falling into the same trap that was 2018 when the Rams struggled but still eventually made it to the Superbowl. 

9 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

@stl4life07 can we blame Stafford yet or is it just lack of timing? 3 straight games with a pick 6 doesn't seem great but idk 

Its just bad luck. Brady went through a stretch of 3 straight games of throwing a pick 6 from Week 17 against the Dolphins, then the playoff game against the Titans then the following season Week 1 against the Saints. Yes its not great but it just seems like a fluky stat bc so many QBs have tons of moments where if a defender catches the ball they could have a pick 6. 

It comes down as well too that Stafford is throwing the ball alot. Brady is the only QB that throws the ball more or about the same as Stafford and he is turning the ball over too every game. We dont look at Brady as someone who turns the ball over alot but now he does. Why? Bc he is throwing the ball a ton.

Ill say it again, even though the sloppiness of today's game the Rams were still able to go in a hostile environment against a really good defense. A defense btw who only is giving up 11ppg at home the Rams put up 28pts. The difference in the game was the turnovers the Rams had and they didnt balance it out with taking the ball away themselves even though they had chances to intercept ARod. They did force fumbles they just didnt recover but one of them. So all isnt bad for me. Plus the penalties came down too which is great bc the Rams were the least penalized team in the NFL. 

38 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

We will never win anything with Stafford. That trade was a complete disaster. 

Thats a complete overreaction. As I told my friend, nothing Stafford or the Rams could do in the regular season that will convince people that come playoff time things will be different. Stafford could win league MVP and the Rams could be (17-0) and as soon as the playoffs come many people will still say Stafford is (0-3) in the playoffs thus he will fail again. At least now the pressure will be off if people just stop buying into the Rams like you are.

Just like in 2018 when people started jumping off the Rams bandwagon right before the playoffs I think it made it easier for the Rams that they didnt have that pressure. People were picking the Cowboys and the Saints to win. Rams just went out their and played loose and got the job done. So Im loving people writing the Rams off bc when the Rams succeed the feeling will be amazing. Again the Rams will be fine. You cant name be a team from any sport who doesnt go through some type of adversity in the regular season. The great teams overcome them and I think the Rams will overcome them once again. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats a complete overreaction. As I told my friend, nothing Stafford or the Rams could do in the regular season that will convince people that come playoff time things will be different. Stafford could win league MVP and the Rams could be (17-0) and as soon as the playoffs come many people will still say Stafford is (0-3) in the playoffs thus he will fail again. At least now the pressure will be off if people just stop buying into the Rams like you are.

Just like in 2018 when people started jumping off the Rams bandwagon right before the playoffs I think it made it easier for the Rams that they didnt have that pressure. People were picking the Cowboys and the Saints to win. Rams just went out their and played loose and got the job done. So Im loving people writing the Rams off bc when the Rams succeed the feeling will be amazing. Again the Rams will be fine. You cant name be a team from any sport who doesnt go through some type of adversity in the regular season. The great teams overcome them and I think the Rams will overcome them once again. 

Maybe a bit of an over reaction sure but there's no arguing that Stafford and his terrible first quarters have cost us the game the last three weeks. He was brought in to correct those kinds of things and right now he's worse than Goff. What 6 turnovers in the last 3 games? Five have either been returned for a TD or put the other team inside the 5 with the ball. He's a problem right now and he was meant to be a solution.

• Like 1