Rams @ Packers (Divisional Round Rematch)

stl4life07

Just now, LeotheLion said:

The answer to me can't be just run the ball 100% of the time. If McVay calls a play that has a wide open player, I expect Stafford to complete the throw. I'll blame McVay for his 3rd and 3 sideline shot to OBJ. That was idiotic. 

I never said anything about running the ball. But did you see McVay after that 3rd and 3 you cited? He was pissed off, that play was on Stafford.

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Thought we were past Goff? Can’t have it both ways my man 

You're right, but my reasoning isn't to compare the two quarterbacks like everyone taking a victory lap after week 3 was. I am past comparing the two quarterbacks. 

We need to start putting this on Mcvay and when people point out that Stafford is having the same struggles Goff had, it helps that. I've gone on record multiple times saying that both QB are capable of winning on this team. 

McVay needs to get a little more creative with his play calling. I’ve said many times in the past and I will say it again; Hendo could rack up 10 yards per carry and our HC will find an excuse to air it out 50 times. 

I am growing extremely tired of this BS soft shell defense we’re running. What good is a bend but don’t break defense when the players either:

Miss tackles. ILBs get smoked in the middle of the field( and are completely nonexistent in the run game, which I thought 3-4 ILBs were suppose to be good at, plugging the holes) and I’m sick of witnessing the best CB in football chasing after guys who aren’t the #1 threat.

STs I hate you. 
I hate the coverage, I hate the returners, and I hate the coach lol. Hekker is slumping a bit, but he’s usually good, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Gay is earning his check. 

Stafford needs to stop spotting the other team points  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Could be, btw you mentioned running earlier.

Correct, because the normal complaint against McVay is abandoning the run. He didn't do that today. And it still didn't matter because Hendo is running like a bum. So I'm not sure what the blame for McVay is if we are content with run/pass splits, considering Stafford has open throws and just decides to chuck them in the dirt. 

Edit: I'm all for blaming McVay for the Stafford trade, Morris hiring, and the special teams, but today it seems to me that the majority of the offensive struggles were due to #9

Edited by LeotheLion

49 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Maybe a bit of an over reaction sure but there's no arguing that Stafford and his terrible first quarters have cost us the game the last three weeks. He was brought in to correct those kinds of things and right now he's worse than Goff. What 6 turnovers in the last 3 games? Five have either been returned for a TD or put the other team inside the 5 with the ball. He's a problem right now and he was meant to be a solution.

I agree that Stafford hasnt been great. I just feel like people dont understand that players and teams go through slumps or some type of adversity in seasons. Its a long season and I get when Stafford was playing great we all said MVP so now he isnt looking great many people are talking about it was the worse move getting him. He will be fine. We got him here for just what he did today which was throw the ball down field to Jefferson and OBJ for big td strikes. He pushes the ball down field. When you throw the ball like the Rams do expect interceptions to happen. Now its fluky Stafford got 3 pick 6's. Like only thing you can do is throw your hands up and say why Stafford has to be the QB to go through this now? But I can live with an interception if Stafford is going to throw for over 300yds and 3 tds bc he is passing the ball over 40x a game. But again he was brought to the Rams to push the ball down the field and he did that today. It was unfortunate he had another pick 6, a fumble at the worst time, and just the ball wasnt bouncing the Rams way the entire game. Im confident things will end up correcting itself. Maybe thats just me believing in this team alot. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree that Stafford hasnt been great. I just feel like people dont understand that players and teams go through slumps or some type of adversity in seasons. Its a long season and I get when Stafford was playing great we all said MVP so now he isnt looking great many people are talking about it was the worse move getting him. He will be fine. We got him here for just what he did today which was throw the ball down field to Jefferson and OBJ for big td strikes. He pushes the ball down field. When you throw the ball like the Rams do expect interceptions to happen. Now its fluky Stafford got 3 pick 6's. Like only thing you can do is throw your hands up and say why Stafford has to be the QB to go through this now? But I can live with an interception if Stafford is going to throw for over 300yds and 3 tds bc he is passing the ball over 40x a game. But again he was brought to the Rams to push the ball down the field and he did that today. It was unfortunate he had another pick 6, a fumble at the worst time, and just the ball wasnt bouncing the Rams way the entire game. Im confident things will end up correcting itself. Maybe thats just me believing in this team alot. 

nm

Edited by NVRamsFan

I saw the same Matthew Stafford that the Packers have played 2x per year for 10+ years in this game. He is good when he's good and he sucks when he's not. Nothing has changed. FWIW

BTW, there should have been 3 pick six's in this game and the butterfinger Packer DB's droppped them. Same as last week with cousins.

Edited by Ripline

47 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Stafford rn is the biggest issue with this team. 

The biggest issue with the team is just nothing seemingly going their way. Pick 6's are so fluky or else it will happen to every QB but weve seen seemly every week no matter who the QB is Brady, ARod, Russ, Mahomes where they throw a ball and a defender drops what looks like a pick 6. Unfortunately for Stafford the defender isnt dropping it. Not to mention on defense they arent getting takeaways. The Rams were on a streak of multiple takeaways and multiple sacks. Now they cant get a takeaway these last two games. In the last three games the defense got an int off of Tannehill in the 1st quarter. After that the Rams have zero takeaways on defense over the last 11 quarters. The one drop Scott had led to a Rams muffed punt on the next play. Had Scott caught that int the muff punt never happened and the Rams have momentum. So I dont look at Stafford as the biggest issue bc outside of Kupp being great, name me other things that are going so right for the Rams that Stafford is singled out as the issue? At least last season you can say Goff was the biggest issue bc the defense was tops in the league, the receivers were still producing when they got the ball, and Akers was a monster on the ground. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The biggest issue with the team is just nothing seemingly going their way. Pick 6's are so fluky or else it will happen to every QB but weve seen seemly every week no matter who the QB is Brady, ARod, Russ, Mahomes where they throw a ball and a defender drops what looks like a pick 6. Unfortunately for Stafford the defender isnt dropping it. Not to mention on defense they arent getting takeaways. The Rams were on a streak of multiple takeaways and multiple sacks. Now they cant get a takeaway these last two games. In the last three games the defense got an int off of Tannehill in the 1st quarter. After that the Rams have zero takeaways on defense over the last 11 quarters. The one drop Scott had led to a Rams muffed punt on the next play. Had Scott caught that int the muff punt never happened and the Rams have momentum. So I dont look at Stafford as the biggest issue bc outside of Kupp being great, name me other things that are going so right for the Rams that Stafford is singled out as the issue? At least last season you can say Goff was the biggest issue bc the defense was tops in the league, the receivers were still producing when they got the ball, and Akers was a monster on the ground. 

I shouldn't be surprised at your replies but quit making excuses for Stafford. He has been utter garbage in the 1st quarter and most of the 1st half the last 3 games. If he isn't worse than Goff in those games that early the whole game is different.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@stl4life07is seriously the most positive poster I have ever come across. I would love to see him rooting for the Lions and see what he would say after every loss LOL.

Im more of a realist. The sky isnt falling like Im hearing from alot of people. I said that back in 2018 and I was proven right when the Rams ended up in the Superbowl. Im confident Ill be proven right again. Not saying the Rams are a lock to the Superbowl but the sky isnt falling. They are just going through some adversity and I believe this organization is a great one and thus they will overcome this adversity. Besides, there is no shame to go into Lambeau where the Packers only allow 11ppg and play as sloppy as the Rams did and still score 28pts and lose by one possession. I say this is better than in 2018 when the Rams went to New Orleans in the regular season trailed by 21pts at one point, fought back to tie it entering the 4th then loss by 10. Everyone on here was freaking out about how Peters got burnt by Thomas and he always get burnt by receivers and then come the playoffs the Rams went back to New Orleans, shut Thomas and Kamara down and won in OT. Again not freaking out bc Ive seen this movie before and I have a good sense on how its going to turn out. 

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I shouldn't be surprised at your replies but quit making excuses for Stafford. He has been utter garbage in the 1st quarter and most of the 1st half the last 3 games. If he isn't worse than Goff in those games that early the whole game is different.

Im not saying Stafford hasnt played poorly in the 1st quarter. If the Rams had Goff today, what would the score have been? 36-10? Maybe Packers score even more. Stafford make mistakes but he also did what he saw and thats throw the ball down the field to Jefferson and OBJ for quick strikes. Goff wasnt doing that and as a result Goff couldnt get away with playing this poorly. Stafford can get away with slow starts. He started slowly against the Bucs earlier and ended up playing great and winning going away. He started slowly at Seattle. He ended up playing great in the 2nd half. So unless you are banking on Stafford to continue to turn the ball over multiple times and throwing pick 6's every game then I strongly believe he will be fine. He is just in a slump right now. If a 3 game slump makes him a bad QB then I hate to see what people will say if he struggled alot of the season smh.