Rams @ Packers (Divisional Round Rematch)

stl4life07

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Im not saying Stafford hasnt played poorly in the 1st quarter. If the Rams had Goff today, what would the score have been? 36-10? Maybe Packers score even more. Stafford make mistakes but he also did what he saw and thats throw the ball down the field to Jefferson and OBJ for quick strikes. Goff wasnt doing that and as a result Goff couldnt get away with playing this poorly. Stafford can get away with slow starts. He started slowly against the Bucs earlier and ended up playing great and winning going away. He started slowly at Seattle. He ended up playing great in the 2nd half. So unless you are banking on Stafford to continue to turn the ball over multiple times and throwing pick 6's every game then I strongly believe he will be fine. He is just in a slump right now. If a 3 game slump makes him a bad QB then I hate to see what people will say if he struggled alot of the season smh. 

Goff played well at Lambeau last year with a broken thumb. And the defense played worse than this go around. Let's be fair. Stafford wars absolutely awful today again. 

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im more of a realist. The sky isnt falling like Im hearing from alot of people. I said that back in 2018 and I was proven right when the Rams ended up in the Superbowl. Im confident Ill be proven right again. Not saying the Rams are a lock to the Superbowl but the sky isnt falling. They are just going through some adversity and I believe this organization is a great one and thus they will overcome this adversity. Besides, there is no shame to go into Lambeau where the Packers only allow 11ppg and play as sloppy as the Rams did and still score 28pts and lose by one possession. I say this is better than in 2018 when the Rams went to New Orleans in the regular season trailed by 21pts at one point, fought back to tie it entering the 4th then loss by 10. Everyone on here was freaking out about how Peters got burnt by Thomas and he always get burnt by receivers and then come the playoffs the Rams went back to New Orleans, shut Thomas and Kamara down and won in OT. Again not freaking out bc Ive seen this movie before and I have a good sense on how its going to turn out. 

28 points and lose by one possession? Come on man, you guys were down 36-17 at one point in the 4th quarter lol. I mean there is nothing wrong with thinking the team will be fine as they are very talented, but you find the silver lining in every loss, not just this one. Not a bad quality to have tbh, it beats the person who gets down on every single loss. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Goff played well at Lambeau last year with a broken thumb. And the defense played worse than this go around. Let's be fair. Stafford wars absolutely awful today again. 

The defense played worst this year bc its not the same as last season. We all shouldve come to terms with this already. We wont ever be the top defense in the league. Last year was special. At the same time Goff didnt put the Rams 28pts on the board against the defense that at home is great. He wouldnt have done that with a healthy thumb. He wasnt throwing down the field. Stafford is. Yes be upset Stafford turned the ball over twice but dont ignore he had a 79yd and a 54yd td pass as well. Goff wouldve never even attempted those throws let along connected and you know Im a big Goff believer but thats facts and thats the reason McVay moved on from him. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The defense played worst this year bc its not the same as last season. We all shouldve come to terms with this already. We wont ever be the top defense in the league. Last year was special. At the same time Goff didnt put the Rams 28pts on the board against the defense that at home is great. He wouldnt have done that with a healthy thumb. He wasnt throwing down the field. Stafford is. Yes be upset Stafford turned the ball over twice but dont ignore he had a 79yd and a 54yd td pass as well. Goff wouldve never even attempted those throws let along connected and you know Im a big Goff believer but thats facts and thats the reason McVay moved on from him. 

I legitimately think my 3 year old understands the game better. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

28 points and lose by one possession? Come on man, you guys were down 36-17 at one point in the 4th quarter lol. I mean there is nothing wrong with thinking the team will be fine as they are very talented, but you find the silver lining in every loss, not just this one. Not a bad quality to have tbh, it beats the person who gets down on every single loss. 

Thats not true. I really couldnt find a silver lining in the Titans and Niners loss. If people wanted to freak out from what they saw in the game then Im ok. This game though considering the fact that there were calls that the refs didnt make for the Rams, the ball bouncing the Packers way all game long from dropped ints to not recovering fumbles, to literally being game of inches when Jefferson had a foot out in the endzone that wouldve given the Rams a 14-13 lead early. Like so many things went wrong for the Rams and yet they managed to score 28pts on a defense that were only allowing 11ppg to opposing teams at home. I strongly think the Rams can come away thinking if they just didnt make one mistake whether it was that pick 6 or that muffed punt right after Scott dropped that int or Whitworth didnt get beat (coming into the game he only allowed one pressure since like Week 4) that caused Stafford to fumble and that set up a short td drive. Like if the Rams didnt make one mistake maybe they couldve won. I mean I keep going back to 2018 but the Rams lost by 10pts to the Saints in New Orleans. Trailed by 21pts at one point and Peters got torched by Thomas. The fact that the Rams came away from that game thinking despite all the bad things that happened bc Goff turned the ball over multiple times as well the Rams still had a chance if they didnt make one or two mistakes. It helped them for when they had to go back to New Orleans in the playoff game bc they didnt make all those same mistakes and they won in OT. I dont think most fans think like that but I do. 

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I legitimately think my 3 year old understands the game better. 

I can respect how you feel but Im not that fan who says, tear everything down bc they are in a mini slump after showing you already that they can overcome adversity and last time I checked (7-4) is still good. I saw the Saints end the regular season on a three game losing streak and still win the Superbowl. Last season the Bucs were (7-5) through the first 12 games and won the Superbowl. I just say lets have a deep conversation about Stafford when the regular season ends and he still is playing like he is now. Im not going to fully blame Stafford bc another reason is McVay teams for what ever reason tend to always struggle in the month of November. They did it in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and they are doing it now. Last time I checked Stafford wasnt on those teams any of those years until now. Again not saying Stafford isnt playing bad but Im not saying the sky is falling, the Rams made a bad decision to trade for him and definitely not saying the Rams need to move on from him and get a new QB. Thats just classic overreaction. 

26 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not saying Stafford hasnt played poorly in the 1st quarter. If the Rams had Goff today, what would the score have been? 36-10? Maybe Packers score even more. Stafford make mistakes but he also did what he saw and thats throw the ball down the field to Jefferson and OBJ for quick strikes. Goff wasnt doing that and as a result Goff couldnt get away with playing this poorly. Stafford can get away with slow starts. He started slowly against the Bucs earlier and ended up playing great and winning going away. He started slowly at Seattle. He ended up playing great in the 2nd half. So unless you are banking on Stafford to continue to turn the ball over multiple times and throwing pick 6's every game then I strongly believe he will be fine. He is just in a slump right now. If a 3 game slump makes him a bad QB then I hate to see what people will say if he struggled alot of the season smh. 

Just stop, seriously just stop. I never said he was a bad QB. I said his horrible play in the 1st quarter cost us the last three games. He was brought in here because he was per McVay the perfect QB for the Rams and he had to have him. And in the last 3 games he's been absolutely terrible. How many defensive touchdowns off his mistakes? How many times has he set the other team up inside our 20 defensively? You can't do that so please stop making excuses and try to make this Goff vs Stafford. Stafford is our QB and right now he's not good, he's cost us games we can't afford to lose. One game we've won vs a good team, that's on him and McVay as much if not more than anybody else.

People want to blame the D but they gave up what 19 points? Stafford gifted them 2 touchdowns and the fumbled punt another 3 points. That's 17 of the 36 the Packers scored today and that's with the Refs absolutely giving the Packers the ability to hold AD and company all night long.

• Like 2

I’m not as concerned about the defense as before. I feel like they’re getting better. 

if it wasn’t for stafford we would’ve held the potent GB offense to 26 points at their home. Not bad. The two biggest atrocities on defense is Troy Reeder and then Taylor Rapp. They’re complete trash (Reeder being even worse) and I hope they’re both gone after this season. 

I’m more concerned about the offense. Stafford was supposed to come in and save the day and McVay is supposed to be a boy genius. They’re not holding their end of their weight. That’s what concerns me more than anything. Even with the Packers scoring we had an opportunity to win it but the offense felt stagnant as hell and it has been for the last three weeks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Just stop, seriously just stop. I never said he was a bad QB. I said his horrible play in the 1st quarter cost us the last three games. He was brought in here because he was per McVay the perfect QB for the Rams and he had to have him. And in the last 3 games he's been absolutely terrible. How many defensive touchdowns off his mistakes? How many times has he set the other team up inside our 20 defensively? You can't do that so please stop making excuses and try to make this Goff vs Stafford. Stafford is our QB and right now he's not good, he's cost us games we can't afford to lose. One game we've won vs a good team, that's on him and McVay as much if not more than anybody else.

People want to blame the D but they gave up what 19 points? Stafford gifted them 2 touchdowns and the fumbled punt another 3 points. That's 17 of the 36 the Packers scored today and that's with the Refs absolutely giving the Packers the ability to hold AD and company all night long.

First off Im not making this a Goff v Stafford. Im saying he was brought here bc McVay got frustrated with Goff from not being able to run the offense the way McVay wanted him too. Goff wasnt stretching the field. Stafford is stretching the field. Its hard in the NFL to consistently go 10+ plays every drive. You have to have some quick strikes. Even in this game Stafford had two big td passes. That forces defenses to be honest and play back rather than playing close to the line of scrimmage to defend the short passes.

I get your frustration on the pick 6's Im frustrated too. Im not going to put all of them on Stafford though. One might say Kupp shouldve fought harder for the ball on the pick 6 today and against the Niners Higbee shouldve caught the ball period. Imo the only true pick 6 Stafford threw was the one in Tennessee bc he forced it to Woods when the defender literally was right there. Now you might not see it the way I do which is fine but regardless they were all pick 6's and its frustrating but you have to move on and just hope that it dont continue. 

I definitely dont blame the defense for those short fields Stafford gave the opposing offenses. That fumble though can we agree that Whitworth just flat out got beat. Stafford didnt think he had pressure on that side and why would he? Whitworth only has given up one pressure since I think Week 3 or 4 the entire season. Its rare he is getting beat but in this occasion he got beat, Stafford fumbled. Sometimes we have to credit the defense rather than just blaming the offensive player bc thats another thing we tend to always do. 

Ill say it again, it doesnt matter what Stafford is doing in the regular season he will only get judged for if he can win in the postseason. If he wins in the postseason none of what he is going through now will matter. All this wasted energy you and I and everyone else is using up wont matter if Stafford wins in the postseason. I choose to think he can and that this is a slump he is just going through. He has the right team and coaches around him and he has the right mindset and competitiveness to get through this slump. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

First off Im not making this a Goff v Stafford. Im saying he was brought here bc McVay got frustrated with Goff from not being able to run the offense the way McVay wanted him too. Goff wasnt stretching the field. Stafford is stretching the field. Its hard in the NFL to consistently go 10+ plays every drive. You have to have some quick strikes. Even in this game Stafford had two big td passes. That forces defenses to be honest and play back rather than playing close to the line of scrimmage to defend the short passes.

I get your frustration on the pick 6's Im frustrated too. Im not going to put all of them on Stafford though. One might say Kupp shouldve fought harder for the ball on the pick 6 today and against the Niners Higbee shouldve caught the ball period. Imo the only true pick 6 Stafford threw was the one in Tennessee bc he forced it to Woods when the defender literally was right there. Now you might not see it the way I do which is fine but regardless they were all pick 6's and its frustrating but you have to move on and just hope that it dont continue. 

I definitely dont blame the defense for those short fields Stafford gave the opposing offenses. That fumble though can we agree that Whitworth just flat out got beat. Stafford didnt think he had pressure on that side and why would he? Whitworth only has given up one pressure since I think Week 3 or 4 the entire season. Its rare he is getting beat but in this occasion he got beat, Stafford fumbled. Sometimes we have to credit the defense rather than just blaming the offensive player bc thats another thing we tend to always do. 

Ill say it again, it doesnt matter what Stafford is doing in the regular season he will only get judged for if he can win in the postseason. If he wins in the postseason none of what he is going through now will matter. All this wasted energy you and I and everyone else is using up wont matter if Stafford wins in the postseason. I choose to think he can and that this is a slump he is just going through. He has the right team and coaches around him and he has the right mindset and competitiveness to get through this slump. 

I think you’re delusional. May wanna get that checked out