Ben Albright to Drop Death Knell Emails for Hue & Coaches In the Morning?

Mind Character

Sad news for those of us that are hoping against hope that Jimmy won't fire Hue and the coaches so they and the FO could continue to work toward building the roster.

So...on Baskin & Phelps today, Benjamin Albright said his report stating that the coaches feel as if the FO is undermining them, that Sashi and co left the office early yesterday w/o digging into trades, and that Sashi didn't know about the Jimmy G trade, CAME FROM A Browns Coach "source."

Furthermore to clear his name (Albright that is), he will be redacting the names out from the email correspondence sent by the supposed Browns Coach and will publish what the coach told him.

First...Albright is real d*** for wanting to do this as anyone with any knowledge of the NFL and the Browns knows that doing just that will create a media frenzy and further negative perceptions of the Browns Coach & FO relationship such that it will serve as further cause for their firing.

Any real journalist knows that you some times have to take heat while reporting things but you always protect your sources...that also includes not putting out their emails. Names redacted or not it's tantamount to exposing your source. It's really stupid and shows that Albright is too sensitive and doesn't care that the coaches will be fired.

It would be written proof of the Browns coaches bad mouthing the front office, calling out their work habits, and lead to a lasting wedge between the two parties that would be a irrevocable source of disunity.

The only way the Coaches and FO keep their jobs at this point (which is not plausible even before all this given what we know of the Haslams) is that they prove they can work well together but that they just need one more year to get everything together.

Side note: whoever this supposed coach is that emailed Albright these details...is a complete idiot and guaranteed himself and the other coaches won't have a job. If you want to leak info to the press/media, do it by phone as to not leave a paper trail that can be used against you...

-----------------------

Here's the interview

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/10/31/allbright-browns-coaching-staff-believes-theyll-be-fired-assesses-aj-mccarron-2018-qb-class/

Here's the report

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/nfl/browns/report-cleveland-browns-coaching-staff-upset-with-front-office-over-not-acquiring-jimmy-garoppolo/487527221

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Cut these nerds and give Manning complete control. The man has forgotten more about football than all of them combined could ever dream of knowing.

No. I don't think he would be a good exec, maybe a good QB coach offensive coordinator but not a exec. 

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

No. I don't think he would be a good exec, maybe a good QB coach offensive coordinator but not a exec. 

Why not? I'm sure he can identify what makes a great player and a crap player at every position, not just QB. I'd be almost completely confident that he'd be better than the clueless crew we currently have.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

None of the above.  The only way I would want to even consider Manning as an exec is if he brings Jim Harbaugh with him and doesn't have complete control.  As a coach, again no thanks, he has a reputation as being very selfish in the QB room during his playing days and not being willing to help youngsters.  I could see that character flaw carrying over to coaching and him sucking in that role as well.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Cut these nerds and give Manning complete control. The man has forgotten more about football than all of them combined could ever dream of knowing.

I’m all for hiring Peyton. But he’s gotta learn about working in FO  before he’s given full control. 

18 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Why not? I'm sure he can identify what makes a great player and a crap player at every position, not just QB. I'd be almost completely confident that he'd be better than the clueless crew we currently have.

He makes great commercials, he was a great QB. these do not make great execs.

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He makes great commercials, he was a great QB. these do not make great execs.

I don't see the relevance. The same sort of thing could've been said about John Elway and John Lynch. Elway has presided over a very strong and successful Broncos team and Lynch with no experience has turned a couple of picks into Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster whilst adding a potential franchise QB that we were clearly unable to for relative peanuts.

What I am sure of is that Manning knows a thousand times more about what it takes to make a good football team than Sashi Brown and Baseball Paul.

Lynch is as good as Sachi taken a bad to to 0 wins, 

Elwya like Peyton is a HOF QB. but he has front office experience before being given the keys to the Broncos. Peyton has none. He might become a great exec but I wouldn't put him in charge to begin with. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Lynch is as good as Sachi taken a bad to to 0 wins, 

Elwya like Peyton is a HOF QB. but he has front office experience before being given the keys to the Broncos. Peyton has none. He might become a great exec but I wouldn't put him in charge to begin with. 

Lynch just went and got what he thinks is his franchise QB - probably the top dude on the market.

Sashi apparently agreed to a deal for his guy and seemingly fell asleep at the deadline. It's crap like that which makes them a laughingstock and makes me want them gone. You either wanted McCarron or you didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Lynch just went and got what he thinks is his franchise QB - probably the top dude on the market.

Sashi apparently agreed to a deal for his guy and seemingly fell asleep at the deadline. It's crap like that which makes them a laughingstock and makes me want them gone. You either wanted McCarron or you didn't. 

In all fairness according to reports BB was asking more from us since we are in the AFC

But no defense on the forgetting to call the trade in.....

37 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Very damning of Sachi Clown. 

The only person in the building truly wanting AJ, Goff, Watson, JG is Hue. When he is the face of the franchise he's going to wants the QB to share that platform. Problem is that this is the Browns not the Hue's. The FO and Greg actually realize what it takes to win in this division. Run defense, a run offense, and a Qb big enough to survive 6 beatings a year. Hue got the job because he talked up the run game and came from Cinci's power offense. 

I have not once seen the double pull which is one of Cinci's bread n butter plays. This is despite the power we have on the right side OL. Pass oriented in the red zone instead of using the run and play action. Excessive pre snap motions giving QB less time to read field. Questionable game management.

Not going to get into it much because I still do have faith that Hue can turn it around if he delivers the power game he talked up. If he's just going to pout about not getting the QB he wants instead of adjusting his scheme then I say make Greg the HC and you know he will deliver an offense with attitude.

Archived