Do we get the Patriots 7th round pick?

Louis Friend

We traded CB Mike Jackson to the New England Patriots last season for a conditional 2022 7th round draft pick. He was waived by the Pats, signed to their practice squad but activated for their last game. He got cut this offseason and signed with Seattle. But what were the conditions for the draft pick? I've seen it listed on some draft sites that Detroit retains that pick, while it's not mentioned on other draft sites at all. 

Lions are expected to received 3rd, 5th and 6th rd compensatory picks on top of the Rams 1st rd pick. They traded their 4th rd pick to move up last draft for Derrick Barnes, ouch!!. They traded their 5th and Cleveland's 7th (from Blough deal in 2019) to Denver for WR Trinity Benson and a 2023 6th. If Lions get the Patriots 7th rd pick, the Lions would have 10 draft picks in April. Despite giving two mid round picks away for underwhelming players. 

1st

1st (Rams)

2nd

3rd

3rd (compensatory)

5th (compensatory)

6th 

6th (compensatory)

7th

7th (Patriots)??

• Like 1

No they've never been made public, though, it's assumed the conditions were met in "many" circles cause he dressed and played the last game of the season that year. Again never verified and here-say. Just assumed they were met by him playing a game, which he did the last game of the year in 2020 cause of injury or something fluky. I don't think we'll actually know till the new league year starts after the super-bowl.

Edited by SimbaWho

57 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Thanks for compiling this.

In truth, I'm not against trading up for Barnes. He seems like a good, young, athletic LBer.

I like how's he's playing as well. And with the Lions knowing they were getting a 3rd rd comp, I can understand why they made the move. However, having the first pick day 3 is a big bargaining chip, after teams regroup and see who's left, and we gave that up. That stings a little. While also giving up 5th rd pick, we don't pick day 3 until 5th rd comp. UGH!!