So what’s Russell Wilson trade value right now

Vladimir L

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Carson Palmer.   Brett Favre.  We’re about to see Watson. 

The thing is it doesn’t happen often - but once the guy asks - it’s just a matter of time.   The only way it changes is if the player changes their mind.  That’s the ARod scenario.     If they don’t it’s a just a matter of when.

If Wilson reconsiders sure he could stay.  But it’s not that the teams hold the player hostage.   

Weren't Favre and Palmer basically retired when they were traded though?

And I think typically when star QB start to leak that they're unhappy it's more so to get what they want with their current team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Wilson is probably at that price range where he’s too expensive to be worth it to acquire to see a good return on your investment so he probably stays put.

The question really is how much does he have left to give? He could have another 5 years left but it's not a sure thing, maybe he gets back to elite status next season. I would be hesitant to really invest heavily there.

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Since the Seahawks are standing pat with Carroll & Schneider, feels like they'll keep Wilson as well 

Make or break year for all 3? Definitely think the late season wins saved Caroll & Schneiders job

Doesn't Wilson's trade value dip, at least somewhat, a year from now? If you're a team that's trading for him you'd be getting a 35 year old QB making $40M.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, tyler735 said:

He clearly sucks now as he's had a few bad games in a row. I'm sure the Saints would do the Seahawks a solid and send them couple high draft picks to take him off their hands.

Whose high draft picks ? 😉 otherwise I love this plan. er wait, I mean I begrudgingly accept this plan.

15 hours ago, Forge said:

It's a pretty logical trade destination compensation wise. 

I'm not sure if Wilson will waive to go there or not. I'm not really sure how strict he was being on the trade list that was floated last year. 

It's a logical assumption because the Eagles are one of the few teams with draft capital to get it done.

I should hope Howies not stupid enough to trade more then a 1st this year,  conditional 1st or 2nd next for a 35 yr old QB making 40M. Eagles aren't 1 player away ,let's be real!!!

At no point should it be for all three 1st this year, if so pass without hesitation! Rather have Hurts, 3 1st rd Rookies and an extra 20-25M for FA.

48 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Hurts, a 1st rounder, and conditional second next year for Russ

Sign a vet receiver. Use the remaining first round picks to fill gaps and the Eagles look like a really solid team.

Easily one of the best Olines he has played, let Russ cook

Honestly, this pretty much adds up. I think maybe they’d want another pick (a 3rd maybe?) since it’ll be a later 1st this year and only a conditional pick next year, but that seems in the ballpark. IF they want Hurts, and I guess that’s the million dollar question for Philly’s candidacy. Can they get significant value for Hurts (from Seattle or a 3rd team) that can help reduce some of the draft pick cost of a Russ deal?

I sure hope they can’t, or won’t, get it done. Because I think Russ can still play, big time, and if they’re able to keep Kelce and Lane there and healthy, they’d have a lot to work with offensively. They’re a pretty old team, but a lot of those old guys can still go. And if you added in some more young talent (still 3 picks in the top 51 if they did this deal), that would likely be a beneficial infusion of youth and fresh legs for the couple-year major push with the aging star core of that team.

My hope is they told the truth when they said Hurts is their guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

Hurts, a 1st rounder, and conditional second next year for Russ

Sign a vet receiver. Use the remaining first round picks to fill gaps and the Eagles look like a really solid team.

Easily one of the best Olines he has played, let Russ cook

That's less compensation than the Seahawks just traded away from Jamal Adams.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 1