So what’s Russell Wilson trade value right now

Vladimir L

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

All Im saying is.......barring his legal trouble....Im giving up 2 firsts, 2nd and 3rd for Watson if Im Denver. They have an additional 2nd/3rd from the Von trade so thats basically free money. 

As a rational person in a hypothetical "decision maker" role, I'd seriously consider this offer.

I might inquire on Noah Fant as a sweetener; I think he's the odd man out in the offense, and this would eliminate the need to decide on whether or not to option the 5th year. I'd also see if Drew Lock could be had; He's definitively not in future plans, so offer to take on his salary entirely. If that got "expensive" for Denver, put in conditional requirement for a 2022 mid rounder to Denver (maybe a 3rd if Lock plays x% of snaps and a 4th if Fant can get 500+ yards receiving - achievable benchmarks). Texans are sitting on cap room; See if there's an "Osweiler" situation where the Texans can take in bad contracts in exchange for some of these assets that could be potential mainstays (Lock is a lost cause, but maybe Fant can get on track in a new system built around him and Brandin Cooks).

This being said, I don't expect this Texans FO to be rational - they're going to ask for the moon and back. 

1 minute ago, JonMcC2018 said:

He turned 33 a couple of days ago, early-mid 30s is now generally the age where QBs combine still somewhat peak physical powers with 10+ years of having played the game.

Are you arguing that he is past his prime?

Yes, I am. As someone who was religiously watched every single game of his career, he is past his prime. His prime was roughly 2015-2017, then his mobility started to rapidly decline in about 2019-2020 to what it is now. You have to remember that Russell Wilson has been taking more hits/sacks than any QB over the past decade because of how long he holds the ball + how bad his offensive lines consistently are, which ultimately has taken a little bit to catch up but it looks like that has indeed happened.

If it happens (which I doubt) it will be at least 3 1st round picks. Probably more since there are no 1st round worthy QBs. Russell Wilson is playing hurt, in a **** offensive system and an average defense on the other side of the ball. My guess is that everyone except Wilson are gone. 

8 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

He turned 33 a couple of days ago, early-mid 30s is now generally the age where QBs combine still somewhat peak physical powers with 10+ years of having played the game.

Are you arguing that he is past his prime?

I mean Other than Brady and Rodgers the best QBs in the NFL are all under 35 years old. Like Ben is technically still in the NFL but he’s done. Brees was done last year, Eli was done 3 years before he actually left the league at 39. 

I don’t think it’s wise to expect elite QB play in late 30’s from your QB. 

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, I am. As someone who was religiously watched every single game of his career, he is past his prime. His prime was roughly 2015-2017, then his mobility started to rapidly decline in about 2019-2020 to what it is now. You have to remember that Russell Wilson has been taking more hits/sacks than any QB over the past decade because of how long he holds the ball + how bad his offensive lines consistently are, which ultimately has taken a little bit to catch up but it looks like that has indeed happened.

Well, his stats from 2019-2020 are incredible. 71 passing TDs, 18 interceptions. Passer rating of 105. YPA 7.8. From a pure stat point of view, as good as anyone else in the league. His running stats are also in line with most of his career.

Of course the eye test is a different kettle of fish, and yes he has always taken far too many sacks/hits. But this is the first season he has ever missed a game, and that too from a freakish type of injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Well, his stats from 2019-2020 are incredible. 71 passing TDs, 18 interceptions. Passer rating of 105. YPA 7.8. From a pure stat point of view, as good as anyone else in the league. His running stats are also in line with most of his career.

Of course the eye test is a different kettle of fish, and yes he has always taken far too many sacks/hits. But this is the first season he has ever missed a game, and that too from a freakish type of injury.

His rushing stats are in-line, but yeah the eye test is clear that his mobility is diminishing rapidly. This is the first real year (well and the 2nd half of last year) where his passing accuracy/ability looks to be diminishing, but I guess you could make the argument that it might be the scheme and not him, but the past couple of weeks he's just looked completely lost on the field and even when he does throw it, the throws are awful.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

His rushing stats are in-line, but yeah the eye test is clear that his mobility is diminishing rapidly. This is the first real year (well and the 2nd half of last year) where his passing accuracy/ability looks to be diminishing, but I guess you could make the argument that it might be the scheme and not him, but the past couple of weeks he's just looked completely lost on the field and even when he does throw it, the throws are awful.

I mean, it seems obvious its the hand this is bothering him. Before he got injured this season he had a 10/1 Td/Int ratio, 70% completion accuracy, YPA over 10. Passer rating in the 120s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

I mean, it seems obvious its the hand this is bothering him. Before he got injured this season he had a 10/1 Td/Int ratio, 70% completion accuracy, YPA over 10. Passer rating in the 120s.

It was basically week 4 when things started to really decline. Just look at this and see how everything just drops:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It was basically week 4 when things started to really decline. Just look at this and see how everything just drops:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

But pre-injury that only includes one game. Where he threw the ball 16 times. Every other game pre injury he was tremendous.

Post injury he's been terrible. It seems the obvious conclusion?

• Like 1