So what’s Russell Wilson trade value right now

Vladimir L

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

As a rational person in a hypothetical "decision maker" role, I'd seriously consider this offer.

I might inquire on Noah Fant as a sweetener; I think he's the odd man out in the offense, and this would eliminate the need to decide on whether or not to option the 5th year. I'd also see if Drew Lock could be had; He's definitively not in future plans, so offer to take on his salary entirely. If that got "expensive" for Denver, put in conditional requirement for a 2022 mid rounder to Denver (maybe a 3rd if Lock plays x% of snaps and a 4th if Fant can get 500+ yards receiving - achievable benchmarks). Texans are sitting on cap room; See if there's an "Osweiler" situation where the Texans can take in bad contracts in exchange for some of these assets that could be potential mainstays (Lock is a lost cause, but maybe Fant can get on track in a new system built around him and Brandin Cooks).

This being said, I don't expect this Texans FO to be rational - they're going to ask for the moon and back. 

I agree with all of this. Fant does seem like the odd guy out and the Broncos are somewhat deep on TE. I think he would thrive in a offense where he actually a focal point and not the 4th option on a bad passing team. Lock? take him to make salaries match or something. Maybe he turns out to be something somewhere else with no pressure and a fresh start

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lock? take him to make salaries match or something. Maybe he turns out to be something somewhere else with no pressure and a fresh start

Anywhere else, Lock is a backup. However, Lock would be on the inside track in a Davis Mills competetion...

That's not saying Lock has value, it's saying that Mills is that bad...

Russell Wilson's value may be diminished- not only because of his current age and play- but also because Wilson will limit the number of suitors.
He will want a major say not only in where he goes, but who the coach is, what the offensive philosophy is, how much cap space they have, draft capital etc
His agent put out a list last year, I expect a similar short list this time around- which reduces the negotiating leverage for Schneider and eliminates many of the desperate teams who would throw exorbitant trade offers their way.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree with all of this. Fant does seem like the odd guy out and the Broncos are somewhat deep on TE. I think he would thrive in a offense where he actually a focal point and not the 4th option on a bad passing team. Lock? take him to make salaries match or something. Maybe he turns out to be something somewhere else with no pressure and a fresh start

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Anywhere else, Lock is a backup. However, Lock would be on the inside track in a Davis Mills competetion...

That's not saying Lock has value, it's saying that Mills is that bad...

You can say it - Lock is that bad.    

Eye test, metrics all say that Drew Lock is bad.    There's zero net worth to any outside org.

Right now, even Drew Lock's mother probably wouldn't draft him.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:44 AM, ET80 said:

Specific to Wilson? Probably, but not by much. The two big names (Rodgers/Watson) both have a few things outside of football that will lower their price tag (Rodgers with his "immunized" status, Watson with his legal issues). Other than those two, other QBs who will potentially be on the move are clear tiers below these guys (Big Ben, Tua, Daniel Jones, Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater). 

So of these guys on the move, Wilson represents the best combination of age, on field performance and off field controversy. He'll draw the most, and I could see the Stafford deal as the baseline for Wilson - maybe a few add ons because Wilson has a better resume, but that's really going to come down to how bad someone is willing to trade for him (and there are a few teams that are literally a QB away, so that going to push things up beyond Stafford).

I don't think any decision maker within the NFL cares about Rodgers' immunized status. The only people who care are the media because they were duped. There are a lot of good QB's who haven't gotten the shot, and no one cares about them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't think any decision maker within the NFL cares about Rodgers' immunized status. The only people who care are the media because they were duped.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I could see teams take harder stances following this - In essence, Rodgers was skirting the rules and attending meetings/film study/practices, etc without pre-defined precautions. 

His next stop is probably going to take a harder stance on this, given the fallout of this issue - even if it's just a response to media scrutiny.

• Like 1

I hate Russell Wilson but he's a damn good quarterback and the age doesn't worry me that much. It feels like his decision making on drop backs as far as when to run, whether to run, how to run, etc tend to keep the big dangerous hits down. I dunno why but I worry less about it with him than I do with a Jackson or Murray.

I'm a vacuum, like not taking into account a bidding war or him refusing to play for certain teams? If I'm a decent to good team that needs a really good QB to put us over the top, I'm sending a couple it first round picks for sure. They'll probably be lower anyways.

Assuming Wilson is engaged and excited about a fresh start, and a team that has a solid offense, a line that can buy him a little time, and a defense that can keep the team in a game? I think he'd thrive.

Colts, Vikings, (healthy) Titans, Niners. Feels like those are a few teams that would be scary with a rejuvenated Wilson.

Have fun dealing with his insufferable personality though 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why would they trade him?

1.  They're going to suck for at least the next 2-3 seasons.    By the time they're back to being OK, he's likely now past his prime (if he's not there already - I didn't think so b4 the season started, but his play both pre-injury and now this past week <when he actually made good throws, suggesting the finger is finally getting full strength back - it didn't have it b4>, well it's a fair Q).     The time to leverage a max return is likely this offseason; especially since they have no 1st round picks this offseason, and a bunch of departing UFA's, the spectre of a complete rebuild is upon Seattle in full force.

2.  Wilson himself is unhappy in SEA - that's what led to the short-lived "not asking for a trade, but if I were, this is where I'd go" news that broke in the preseason.

3.  Wilson & the FO are likely now done - too many years of him asking for the OL to be upgraded, and then for the O to be changed to let him cook - to fall on deaf ears.    

Honestly, it would surprise me more to see Wilson back in SEA than it would to see ARod stay in GB, the relationship/timing point to his departure with bright, neon signs.