Week 13 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cliff notes......

He evaluated Jimmy's performance against the Vikings. 

I may have have given you the barebones cliff notes. 

But it went about how you'd suspect. IT's not super long so he didn't get really deep into it. He really liked the concepts lol. I think he only looked at like 6 throws. The Aiyuk throw (probably one of Jimmy's best throws this year) he gave him praise for, criticized the miss on the early check down and criticized him for the Jennings near touchdown catch (the one where the knee landed out) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He evaluated Jimmy's performance against the Vikings. 

I may have have given you the barebones cliff notes. 

But it went about how you'd suspect. IT's not super long so he didn't get really deep into it. He really liked the concepts lol. I think he only looked at like 6 throws. The Aiyuk throw (probably one of Jimmy's best throws this year) he gave him praise for, criticized the miss on the early check down and criticized him for the Jennings near touchdown catch (the one where the knee landed out) 

Funny thing is the throw that PFF gave Jimbo credit for as a BTT was that Jennings miss. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

They don't really scare me. They don't create turnovers, they are on the field too much and gas. 

Impressive against the run though, I'll give them that. 

The impressive piece of that is the green Bay game, but wasn't Rodgers just really bad in that one? Missing receivers and whatnot?

The notion often ignore about the running game, and averages, is that it depends entirely on game situations. THe seahawks offense has been so bad, they have trailed a lot this year, which means the other team has been running the ball more to kill the clock. So basically, the seahawks knew the other team was going to run, so they stopped the run, improving their yards given average. I think they're the most run-at team in the NFL, right? So yeah, these stats need context. And the context is that they knew opponents were going to run, because their offense sucked.

It's like 2 weeks ago, when we ran 40 times, but only had a 3 yards average. But did you watch the fourth quarter, when we had tons of 1 yarders, and 0 yarders, bringing down the average? But that was winning football. We were running out the clock, and the Jags knew what we were doing, everybody knew. Add a couple of kneel downs, and sure, the average took a hit, but that's because of context, not because of talent or execution. 

So yeah, the seahawks do have a good defense, but the stats are a little skewed, in my opinion. What will matter is being able to execute plays when it counts. And we've been doing that the last three weeks.

• Like 1

Was really hoping Ford would return this week as he's had some success against Wilson but doesn't look like he has even practiced all week. Bummer, but it will be interesting to see if he gets activated next week or not as that is the deadline before he is on IR for the rest of the season. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was really hoping Ford would return this week as he's had some success against Wilson but doesn't look like he has even practiced all week. Bummer, but it will be interesting to see if he gets activated next week or not as that is the deadline before he is on IR for the rest of the season. 

I imagine we will activate him regardless if he is ready or not. Maurice Hurst has been hurt the last 3 or so weeks on the active roster because we couldn't IR him again. I think If we win this game and are looking like we're headed to the playoffs, then we'll get Dee on the active roster and see how he progresses. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I need a translator. 

He's basically grading the supporting cast of every QB based on different metrics (efficiency slanted for offense / defense / special teams) (epa, pass block win rate, open receiver rate). So Josh Allen basically has the "best" supporting cast in the NFL. 

Those at the bottom are getting the least amount of help from the people around them. When you consider how well some of those guys have performed, they are are having pretty good seasons (Carr, Cousins and honestly Jimmy). 

What's interesting is if you look at these, you have to be somewhat concerned by Zach Wilson. They are basically saying JImmy G is getting less help from the rest of the team than Wilson is. 

On the surface, it probably needs to be deep dived more, but it's a fascinating piece of data 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's basically grading the supporting cast of every QB based on their production (epa, pass block win rate, open receiver rate). So Josh Allen basically has the "best" supporting cast in the NFL. 

Those at the bottom are getting the least amount of help from the people around them. When you consider how well some of those guys have performed, they are are having pretty good seasons (Carr, Cousins and honestly Jimmy). 

What's interesting is if you look at these, you have to be somewhat concerned by Zach Wilson. They are basically saying JImmy G is getting less help from the rest of the team than Wilson is. 

On the surface, it probably needs to be deep dived more, but it's a fascinating piece of data 

lol. It makes a lot more sense after re-reading the text after your explanation. I thought it was grading the QBs performances taking into account all of those other factors. Needless to say, these rankings were very confusing when interpreting it that way. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's basically grading the supporting cast of every QB based on different metrics (efficiency slanted for offense / defense / special teams) (epa, pass block win rate, open receiver rate). So Josh Allen basically has the "best" supporting cast in the NFL. 

Ooof. We are pretty crushed on this metric by pass block win rate and receiver open rate. Like, with an average defense and a quite good running game by epa, it’s hard to be that far down the list. Curse you Daniel Brunskill and co.?