Week 13 GDT - Seattle Seahawks vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, what exactly can go wrong with Norman/Johnson/Lenoir matching up against Chase and Higgins and Boyd???? I like my chances!!!!!! Lol.

Maybe Burrow's pinky will really throw him off. Otherwise, its going to be rough.  And the Bengals are one of the best teams in the league at getting to the Qb....should bode well for Compton. 

I really wish we wouldn't have lost the game against Seattle. Could have used that cushion. Think we still make the playoffs, but we are going to have to win all the games we are supposed to win at this juncture, and that includes the Titans game...which is going to be rough given that it's a cross country trip on a short week 

22 hours ago, Forge said:

I will say that with the course of action Shanny was taking by running the ball, I'm really curious as to whether or not he was going to go for 2. I think doing what he was doing makes more sense if he was planning on going for 2. 

Well There It Is GIF - Well There It Is Jeff Goldblum - Discover & Share  GIFs

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe Burrow's pinky will really throw him off. Otherwise, its going to be rough.  And the Bengals are one of the best teams in the league at getting to the Qb....should bode well for Compton. 

I really wish we wouldn't have lost the game against Seattle. Could have used that cushion. Think we still make the playoffs, but we are going to have to win all the games we are supposed to win at this juncture, and that includes the Titans game...which is going to be rough given that it's a cross country trip on a short week 

Yep, going to need to win 9 games and beat the Falcons in the process. It would be better if Philly beats Washington as we have the tiebreaker over them. But one of those two teams is going to cancel each other out. We beat the Vikings so we should be fine there...The Saints can still put up some sort of run to close the season and make it interesting but do you foresee that happening? They have struggled badly as of late but if Kamara comes back? Things can change. The Seahawks have the Cardinals in week 18 but they can lock up the #1 seed by then and they may elect to play their back ups. The Seahawks have three other easy games and then a match up with the Rams. It's a longshot for sure but there is a path for the Seahawks to run the table and get one of the last playoff spots. Obviously they would have the tiebreaker over us.

This game is pretty much a must win for me. Get this win and I think we win 10 games and are safe. Lose? Things get very very interesting. 

Only chance to win is if Deebo plays and we are able to control the clock  like we did in the previous three weeks before the Seahawks game. 

How is Mitchell in concussion protocol but came back in the game after the hit? That makes no sense. 

On the Kittle pick, everyone’s taking it as a given that Sherfield was open on the play and Jimmy predetermined the pass. I don’t have a breakdown of it, maybe someone else does. Wasn’t the safety following Sherfield until the ball was in the air? Yes it looked bad when looking at just defense, but as Jimmy is releasing the ball, where was the safety going? Regardless it was a bad pick, but I just don’t know if Sherfield truly was open like everyone is saying. 

10 minutes ago, straighthate said:

How is Mitchell in concussion protocol but came back in the game after the hit? That makes no sense. 

On the Kittle pick, everyone’s taking it as a given that Sherfield was open on the play and Jimmy predetermined the pass. I don’t have a breakdown of it, maybe someone else does. Wasn’t the safety following Sherfield until the ball was in the air? Yes it looked bad when looking at just defense, but as Jimmy is releasing the ball, where was the safety going? Regardless it was a bad pick, but I just don’t know if Sherfield truly was open like everyone is saying. 

He reported symptoms this morning. 

No, Jimmy blew it. Sherfield's legitimately wide open given Jimmy knows where the route is going. The safety is mostly drifting straight back, not to his hard to his right, so he's never getting there. If you look at the dots, you really see it

Nobody knows what in the world he was looking at. Even Robert Mays commented on it on the athletic lol. To make it worse, even if he didn't see Trent for some reason, he missed a wide open Mitchell underneath. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He reported symptoms this morning. 

No, Jimmy blew it. Sherfield's legitimately wide open given Jimmy knows where the route is going. The safety is mostly in stasis so he's never getting there. If you look at the dots, you really see it

Nobody knows what in the world he was looking at. Even Robert Mays commented on it on the athletic lol. To make it worse, even if he didn't see Trent for some reason, he missed a wide open Mitchell underneath. 

Yeah, besides as I was screaming at my TV, haven’t watched a replay of it so I’m curious. 

As for Mitchell, the guy was looking like he was out on the play. Players waived to sidelines immediately. Just makes me wonder how they didn’t know he was concussed at the time, but I’m no doctor. 

Have they said anything about Cannon?