Week 13 GDT Patriots @ Bills: Monday Night Football in OP. 1st in the East on the line!

Trentwannabe

No two ways about it. This is one of the biggest game in Bills history.  The winner will be in soul possession of 1st place of the AFC East and have the best odds or second best odds at the number 1 seed in the AFC.

The Bills could be getting starters Feliciano (LG), Spencer Brown (RT) and Star(1T) back into the line up which would be a huge boost for both lines. The Bills however, will be without All Pro CB Tre White after he tore his ACL during Thanksgivings win over New Orleans. 

Quick Analysis: 

The Bills hated division rivals come to town for a classic Monday Night game in front of the nation. Josh Allen and the Bills swept New England last year, with the second game being a very decisive win. Before 2020, Sean McDermott and the Bills were 0-6 vs. New England during his tenure. 

Defense:
Can Leslie Frazier and his staff put a plan together to confuse the rookie QB Mac Jones? Will they slow down Stevenson and Harris in the running game? Getting Star back would be a big boost much like Edmunds was last week. Dane Jackson has a chance to cement himself as a CB2 moving forward but he will be tested this weekend. 

Offense:
Will the Bills play like they did against New Orleans and the Jets? Or will they look like they did against Jacksonville and Indianapolis? Josh Allen has turned the ball over 7 times in the last 4 weeks. He and the offense can't afford any mistakes like that on Monday. New England looked susceptible against the run vs. Tennessee and that is something the Bills can take advantage of. Matt Breida has added a spark to the run game and Josh Allen is always a weapon.

Conclusion:
At the end of the day, I like us. This team is built extremely well and getting healthy at the right time (Tre not withstanding :( )I like Mac Jones as a player and think he's better than most give him credit for, but not as good as some media members have crowned him. But this will be the biggest game of his young NFL career and in a very hostile environment. I think we force him into a few mistakes and the offense capitalizes with guys like Knox and Breida continuing to shine. 

Bills 27
Pats 17

I (obviously) like the Bills in this one. I think the Pats are due for a loss and I think the Bills are going to be playing hungry in the "underdog" role. 

The loss of Tre White hurts but I believe he'd be more of a loss against a team like the Chiefs or Bucs who are pass happy. From what I've watched in Mac Jones it's a lot of play action, short/intermediate throws, and doesn't really test deep too often. 

In Buffalo, on prime time, playing a rookie QB, coming off (2) embarrassing loses this month - I just feel like the Bills are going to come out firing on all cylinders and I hope I'm not wrong lol. 

Bills 27, Patriots 20.

EDIT: Also, the additions of Spencer Brown and Star are going to be HUGE. Brown allows us to shift Williams back to guard and take Ford out of the line up. Star is known as a run stuffer (something we need) but has low key been a decent pass rusher this year. I think with how well Ed Oliver is playing, we can really get some pressure up the middle.

Edited by The BILLievers

While I like that Brown Star and Feliciano are back and allow the front lines to be back to 100% since miami game I am a bit nervous with Tre out. While people may think this is no big deal as we arent facing the chiefs I think it leaves the bills with less room to stack the box against the run because they cant count on man coverage in those situations. Playing alot of zone will allow them to eat yards underneath in short passes. The ideal situation is blitz Mac heavily forcing him to throw often and just hope the dline doesnt get chewed up like they did against the colts. I will be curious on how the backfield turns out on defense with Tre out, having Levi as your main guy and putting in Lewis or Dane opposite is going to be challenging as you know mcdaniels will be going their way early and often. If Allen has time on offense and Daboll can bring in some decent run plays, stopping Judon from getting to Allen will be huge. Passing game needs to be on point and cant make any mistakes. It will be an interesting game that is for sure but I hope the bills pull out the win because the media and fan base for Patriots are over the top obnoxious and would like to shut the talks down as I am tired of hearing it on every national news outlet as the patriots are the favorites to win the superbowl talk

• Like 1