Rules or changes that would improve the NFL?

DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Would all of these improve your experience of consuming the game?

Is that list meant to be joking?   Its pretty bad, if serious.

1.   I dont know about "encouraged".    I do think there need to be sportsmanship rules in place, but now its ridiculous.     Go back to the mid 2000s and just penalize the excessive ones.

2.  There are barely ever any ties, but Id largely agree.   If college can do it, so can the NFL.

3.  No.

4.  No.

5.  Uhh..

6.  I agree...but wouldnt improve the actual game at all.

7.   No...mainly because many passes off WRs hands werent good passes...and diesnt improve the game.

Most of these dont actually improve the game at all.

How about penalties being reviewable?

How about fines or suspensions for refs who suck?

How about taking the exclusive license away from EA?   😏

• Like 1

New Rule:

NFL owners no longer have a say in how the game is played.

No more taunting BS, no more "points of emphasis" no more jacking around with part time Refs, no 18 game season
The owners can STFU and collect their cash - but give the game back to the players and fans they stole it from

• Like 10

1. No. Act like adults, not children. There's celebrating, which should be encouraged. Taunting is different. 

2. Yes. Act like adults, not children. Ties are participation trophies that do not belong in professional sports. 

3. Interesting concept I've always thought about, but probably not. The right kickoff guy and you're watching a kickoff derby instead of a football game. Maybe inside of 2 minutes? Could replace the archaic onside kick for 1 point games. I'd entertain ideas, at least. 

4. Neutral. Seems a bit pedantic to me. We'd go from "what is a catch?" to "what does down mean?" real quick. 

5. No. Nothing more obnoxious than a celebration when you score 6 down 30 in the final minutes of the 4th. 

6. Not a huge fan, tbh. What do YAC yards go as? Just that? Rushing yards? Receiving yards? Either way, don't see how it improves or diminishes the game.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Would all of these improve your experience of consuming the game?

Almost none of those would make the game better.  Except maybe no ties.

Why should a QB not get stat from YAC yards?  Considering a perfectly placed pass will get you YAC and a terrible pass won't.

• Like 2

My rule changes:

1. Pick plays are allowed, but defenders can also blow them the F up too... which leads to

2. Allow contact to receivers within 10 yards of the LOS

3. Holds are only 5 yard penalties

4. DPI are max 15 yard penalties but anything under is still a spot foul

5. Roughing the passer isnt going away, but if its gonna be more frequent make it a 10 yarder unless its flagrant 

• Like 2