Bucs (8-3) @ Falcons (5-6)

ravishingone

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

@indifferencemade this astute observation during the game.  He certainly isn t the only pass rusher with this issue.

Usually taller/leaner rushers have that issue. Barrett is 6’2 so in those instances he finishes bc his center of gravity. Being so tall Tryon has to learn to get lower with his leverage in tight quarters.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, indifference said:

Usually taller/leaner rushers have that issue. Barrett is 6’2 so in those instances he finishes bc his center of gravity. Being so tall Tryon has to learn to get lower with his leverage in tight quarters.

I do wonder if at this point it is a lack of rep issue.  JTS missed a year of college.  He never played inside, not to mention he spent the off year reshaping his body. They gave him zero reps inside in preseason.    Basically, a lot to put together in yr 1 as a pro.  

I still believe there best pass rushing 4 is Shaq, JTS, Suh, and Vea.  Of course, we see this combo seldom on 3rd dwn.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I do wonder if at this point it is a lack of rep issue.  JTS missed a year of college.  He never played inside, not to mention he spent the off year reshaping his body. They gave him zero reps inside in preseason.    Basically, a lot to put together in yr 1 as a pro.  

I still believe there best pass rushing 4 is Shaq, JTS, Suh, and Vea.  Of course, we see this combo seldom on 3rd dwn.

Not worried as you said in more PT he will learn the nuances of finishing. I think we have a 10+ sack guy in JTS

20 hours ago, indifference said:

Yep, something he'll learn with more experience as well. We got to remember how truly raw his game was coming into the NFL. 

• Like 1