Everyone Is Talking About Hutchinson and Thibodeaux But Is George Karlaftis Being Over-Looked?

Just Want A Title

I was reading the a bunch of draft stuff on George Karlaftis and it seems like he isn't that far below either Aidan Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux.  He shows serious bend and lots of explosiveness.  He really has been playing outstanding football.  If he checks in at his listed weight of 275 lbs, he is one heck of a prospect.  It isn't often you see so much quality at DE at the top of the draft.  He didn't get a lot of press because he played at Purdue but he could rise as the draft approaches.  There is one link below.  Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-draft-why-pass-rush-needy-teams-must-consider-purdues-george-karlaftis-in-the-top-half-of-round-1/

He's going to be a good player, he'll likely even be a starter but he can't touch the other two atheltically. He's just not "smooth" is how I'd describe him. Great hands, which is why he'll succeed. Good athlete, solid straight line speed, stiffer hipps/movements.

He's just not the freaks the other two are with production. SO, idk, take it for what you want. He's got the tools and skills but hasn't ever put it all together like the other 2 have to be dominate in games.

Senior bowl/ east west shrine games and combine are SUPER important for George. He's almost a lock already to be a 1st rdp but if he runs somewhere in that low 4.7/4.6 with just an average workout he'll be a near top 15 lock.( ALL in my opinion. )

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1