Week 13: New York Giants (4-7) @ Miami Dolphins (5-7)

TheKillerNacho

Week 13: NYG @ MIA  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Giants
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Mike Glennon
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Phillip Lindsay
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Devontae Booker
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Albert Wilson
    • Mack Hollins
    • Kenny Golladay
    • Sterling Shepard
    • Kadarius Toney
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Evan Engram
    • Kyle Rudolph
    • Jason Sanders
    • Graham Gano
    • Dolphins DST
    • Giants DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2021 at 06:01 PM

Hopefully Miami can pull out another W. I know this is random but is anyone else surprised at how little Preston Williams has been utilized this year? I know he’s been hurt quite a bit this year but the last two years he was being targeted quite a bit and making the most of his opportunities. I guess I understand that we drafted Waddle and Albert Wilson is healthy again finally but I hope we can find a way to get Williams more involved. He has good YAC ability, is a great redzone target, and can make all the contested catches. I just hope we don’t go back to an offense that doesn’t have any tall, physical WR, I know we Gesicki but I just feel like a big bodied, Mike Evans type can really help a young QB. Not saying Williams is Evans but he’s close to that mold. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Hopefully Miami can pull out another W. I know this is random but is anyone else surprised at how little Preston Williams has been utilized this year? I know he’s been hurt quite a bit this year but the last two years he was being targeted quite a bit and making the most of his opportunities. I guess I understand that we drafted Waddle and Albert Wilson is healthy again finally but I hope we can find a way to get Williams more involved. He has good YAC ability, is a great redzone target, and can make all the contested catches. I just hope we don’t go back to an offense that doesn’t have any tall, physical WR, I know we Gesicki but I just feel like a big bodied, Mike Evans type can really help a young QB. Not saying Williams is Evans but he’s close to that mold. 

I am a little surprised with the lack of plays from Williams.  He is a player with huge potential IMO, but of course the best ability is AVAIL-ability.  Outside of his lack of availability I think there is a certain type of pass that a player like Williams excels at bringing in, and that's a high arcing lobbing type pass.  Williams isn't a burner and isn't going to outrun Corners, but due to his frame and leaping ability he is always open in single man coverage.  Unfortunately, our OLine isn't sound enough on the edges to allow Tua to develop the rapport with Williams for solid attempts at those type of passes.  Fitz was a gunslinger and had the ability to launch at those fading sideline routes early and then forget about any bad results, and I think that's significant when considering the lack of Williams presence and opportunities.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Coaches Corner Pregame: Giants Host Dolphins - NY Giants Rush

Can the Dolphins advance to a 5-game win streak versus the seemingly hapless Giants? There's a good chance our defense will give Daniel Jones Mike Glennon lots of trouble! Just one more game until our much-needed bye week.

My prediction...

NY Giants 13
Miami 24

Daniel Jones has an outside chance of playing, will need to see if he does or not before I give my prediction.

19 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I am a little surprised with the lack of plays from Williams.  He is a player with huge potential IMO, but of course the best ability is AVAIL-ability.  Outside of his lack of availability I think there is a certain type of pass that a player like Williams excels at bringing in, and that's a high arcing lobbing type pass.  Williams isn't a burner and isn't going to outrun Corners, but due to his frame and leaping ability he is always open in single man coverage.  Unfortunately, our OLine isn't sound enough on the edges to allow Tua to develop the rapport with Williams for solid attempts at those type of passes.  Fitz was a gunslinger and had the ability to launch at those fading sideline routes early and then forget about any bad results, and I think that's significant when considering the lack of Williams presence and opportunities.

Ya what you said about Fitz being a gunslinger and that affecting Williams opportunities makes complete sense that I didn’t even realize. I think with Tua, until or unless he becomes more comfortable to make those toss up balls that favor WR’s who are more physical, WR’s like Calvin Johnson or Mike Evans. Right now what Tua will succeed with are guys that run crisp routes, and have good YAC ability. Guys like David Bell or Jahan Dotson, or Jalen Tolbert. I know we have Gesicki but I remember that 2008 season ans thinking man we’d be so much better if we had a 6’4”-6’6” receiver who could go up and get the contested catches. I know we have Gesicki but I feel like having a guy like that in the perimeter is crucial as well. I’ve always thought the perfect WR corps would be one guy who’s in the 6’4” 220lbs plus range who can get the tough catches, red zone target, deep balls. On the other side a guy who’s 5’11”-6’2” that is a pure possession receiver, runs crisp routes, a Marvin Harrison type, or if anyone remembers Davone Bess and how good he was at getting passed the marker, finding an opening and sitting down to get the 1st, he was up there in firsts converted for a couple years if I remember correctly. Lastly the slot guy, 5’8”-6’1”, fast, tough, deep threat, catches in traffic, over the middle, you throw the bubble screen to him or hand him the end arounds, he returns kick offs ans punts (Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Brandon Stokely, Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Hinez Ward) and people don’t give those guys enough credit, in the mid to late 2000’s every team wanted those small stocky, quick tough, fast guys, the slot position blew up during that time. Anyways back to my original purpose of the post, I hope we don’t get to one demensional by only having shorter possession/YAC guys, ans hopefully Tua can progess to be able to utilize the taller WR’s

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Daniel Jones has an outside chance of playing, will need to see if he does or not before I give my prediction.

Not anymore.  Jones was officially ruled out today.

May be a little off topic, but Giants fans seem to have this inflated view of Daniel Jones IMO.  For example; Our Defense just absolutely wrecked Cam Newton and Lamaar Jackson.  I see Daniel Jones as a similar QB to those two ( very good to great athlete that has a big arm but is inconsistent with his accuracy on the intermediate routes ).  Maybe I'm crazy but old over the hill Glennon worries me more, especially with the success Flacco had recently against our heavy blitz scheme.

None of that is to say the Giants can't win this game, because the Giants defense has been playing much better the last 3-4 weeks and our Offense has some big issues on the Edges of the OLine.

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

May be a little off topic, but Giants fans seem to have this inflated view of Daniel Jones IMO. 

For most teams that don't have a rookie QB, the starting QB is better than the backup. I have seen Glennon play earlier this year when Daniel Jones got hurt early against the Cowboys. Glennon is not a better QB than  Jones so I feel Jones would have given us the best chance to win.  With DJ out I believe the Giants will get a garbage time touchdown to make the score closer than the game really was.

Dolphins 23 Giants 20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

For most teams that don't have a rookie QB, the starting QB is better than the backup. I have seen Glennon play earlier this year when Daniel Jones got hurt early against the Cowboys. Glennon is not a better QB than  Jones so I feel Jones would have given us the best chance to win.  With DJ out I believe the Giants will get a garbage time touchdown to make the score closer than the game really was.

Dolphins 23 Giants 20.

Thanks for the explanation.  If I understand you correctly then you believe the Giants would win with DJ but not with Glennon.  I have a couple friends who are big Giants fans and they really like Daniel Jones and defend him as if he is a franchise savior.  On the other end of this game we Dolphins fans are still trying to figure out if Tua is going to emerge as a franchise QB, so we have our own QB issues.  

That being said this could have all the makings of a Defensive battle.  Two coaching staffs with Bellicheat fingerprints all over them, so they know each other reasonably well.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 12/2/2021 at 4:40 AM, FinSting said:

Mike Glennon scares me due to that thing where a replacement QB comes in and balls out. Still feeling Fins Up tho. 

All I’m gonna say is Week 1, 2006……CHARLIE BATCH. Be afraid….be very afraid. I know there’s a few other instances where we were beat by backup QB’s but I can’t think of them right now. Please post them if you can remember them. 

Can someone please tell what the hell is going on with Hunter Long? The guy has 1 TARGET on the whole season, 1 TARGET, not even a catch. I don’t wanna hear that old “Flores doesn’t play rookies” bull, Holland, Eichenberg, Waddle, Phillips(had 3 sacks last week!) have all been starting most of the season. Hated that pick so much when it happened and I hate it even more now. 

4 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Can someone please tell what the hell is going on with Hunter Long? The guy has 1 TARGET on the whole season, 1 TARGET, not even a catch. I don’t wanna hear that old “Flores doesn’t play rookies” bull, Holland, Eichenberg, Waddle, Phillips(had 3 sacks last week!) have all been starting most of the season. Hated that pick so much when it happened and I hate it even more now. 

WR Mark Duper had 0 catches his rookie year...and over 1,000 yds his 2nd year. 

• Like 1