Week 13: Patriots @ Bills (MNF)

Apparition

6 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Appreciate the comment however I don't want to have a back and fourth.  I will give you this on my reasons. IMO BB will have (control) no problem stopping Allen and I based that on the past and I don't feel Allen's good enough to beat BB. You might think Bills kick our butt last year which they did but I look at the 2nd game as the Golf clubs are ready get this over with game. 😁

Also IMO Stevenson is a monster that can't be stopped by the Bills.

Basically you think Allen can beat the Pats and I don't. IMO, he's is your only hope and he will need a great game at least 30 points on the board to win. 

See you 👍

Allen was 2-0 last year against BB and the weather saved him on MNF this year. I mean sure BB can shut down the 2018/2019 Josh Allen but BB is a Diggs catch away or a Tyler Bass made FG away from being 0-3 to Josh Allen since 2019. 

He's the goat coach and I truly believe that but "having no problem stopping Allen and I based that on the past" comment is so dumb since BB is 1-2 in the past 2 season lol. 

The great thing is we get another match up in a few weeks so bigger sample size. No more back and forth is cool I've said all i need to. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Allen was 2-0 last year against BB and the weather saved him on MNF this year. I mean sure BB can shut down the 2018/2019 Josh Allen but BB is a Diggs catch away or a Tyler Bass made FG away from being 0-3 to Josh Allen since 2019. 

He's the goat coach and I truly believe that but "having no problem stopping Allen and I based that on the past" comment is so dumb since BB is 1-2 in the past 2 season lol. 

The great thing is we get another match up in a few weeks so bigger sample size. No more back and forth is cool I've said all i need to. 

I wouldn't use last year's Pats as a measuring stick for much of anything.  One Cam Newton fumble away from splitting if I recall?  Also with nothing at the skill positions on offense (QB, WR, TE), and certainly almost no passing offense.

I'm really looking forward to the next game, hopefully MJ will be able to toss the ball a bit this time, and only to our receivers!  :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I wouldn't use last year's Pats as a measuring stick for much of anything.  One Cam Newton fumble away from splitting if I recall?  Also with nothing at the skill positions on offense (QB, WR, TE), and certainly almost no passing offense.

I'm really looking forward to the next game, hopefully MJ will be able to toss the ball a bit this time, and only to our receivers!  :)

I agree! - but the OP was using 2018/2019 Josh Allen as a measuring stick for BB vs JA, when John Brown and Kelvin Benjamin were Allen's #1 WR so I don't think that should be used either. 

The rematch is going to be fun. Just no 30-50 mph winds please!

6 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I agree! - but the OP was using 2018/2019 Josh Allen as a measuring stick for BB vs JA, when John Brown and Kelvin Benjamin were Allen's #1 WR so I don't think that should be used either. 

The rematch is going to be fun. Just no 30-50 mph winds please!

Fair fair

No 30-50 mph winds and no snow!  I wanna see some air!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Honestly lol I agree. But I think that's partly because Brady was a short to intermediate passing QB so even in bad weather, he could throw those 6 yard outs to Welker, or hit Edelman over the middle of the field for 9 yards. Brady drives were very methodical and controlled. Unlike a Mahomes or Allen who thrive on intermediate to deep vertical passing. Build Josh a retractable roof Pegulas!! LOL 

You've never seen the Tennessee game...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, rfournier103 said:

Kudos to @The BILLieversfor having the huevos to come back in here and talk to us after the Monday night game. He’s a credit to his fanbase. 

See you on the 26th, @The BILLievers, and have a Merry Christmas. God bless. 

Gotta take the good with the bad! Either way, wowza do we have a big rematch coming up this weekend.. This game is essentially for the division. If the Bills win, they hold the tie breaker and play the Jets and Falcons the last two weeks (should win both). If the Pats win, they have the division on lock down. The Bills would then need to win their final two games to make the dance as a WC team. 

What's the forecast looking like for Christmas weekend? I pray to god there's no blizzard or 30-50mph winds this time around lol I'd love to see a game not impacted by the weather at all and see how these teams stack up. 

Regardless of the outcome I think the odds are pretty heavy that both teams will make the postseason and we may even end up playing round 1 lol.

Here's to a no injury game and hopefully COVID stays far away and doesn't take out any key players on either side before Sunday.

EDIT : Merry Christmas as well!

Edited by The BILLievers

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

What's the forecast looking like for Christmas weekend? I pray to god there's no blizzard or 30-50mph winds this time around lol I'd love to see a game not impacted by the weather at all and see how these teams stack up. 

28 to 40 degrees with a 30% - 40% precipitation around game time, in other words it's going to snow. Shows winds at 9 mph

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Gotta take the good with the bad! Either way, wowza do we have a big rematch coming up this weekend.. This game is essentially for the division. If the Bills win, they hold the tie breaker and play the Jets and Falcons the last two weeks (should win both). If the Pats win, they have the division on lock down. The Bills would then need to win their final two games to make the dance as a WC team. 

Regardless of the outcome I think the odds are pretty heavy that both teams will make the postseason and we may even end up playing round 1 lol.

Here's to a no injury game and hopefully COVID stays far away and doesn't take out any key players on either side before Sunday.

EDIT : Merry Christmas as well!

Cole Beasley is out due to Covid

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-cole-beasley-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-miss-buffalos-week-15-matchup-vs-patriots/

16 hours ago, Dan33185 said:

Not ideal but he really hasn't had much of an impact for us this season. He's been banged up and doesn't fair as well in man coverage anymore. He can find the soft spots in zones but I'm all for Emmanuel Sanders taking the slot role if he isn't injured this week. 

My biggest worry is that Diggs, Davis, or Josh Allen could catch it.