Rashard Robinson Traded to the Jets

J-ALL-DAY

Any attitude problems? He seemed like the type of guy that could piss coaches off with his attitude on the field (getting mad at teammates for dropped interceptions right after dropping it himself, complaining after obvious penalties, etc). 

Anyways I'm interested in seeing the type of player he becomes. I think he'll probably end up as an inconsistent play for the rest of he career. The type to make a big play one day and make you want to cut him the next.

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Woa, not really a fan of this. Potential far higher than draft pick return imo.

See but we've been preaching potential on Robinson all offseason and so far all we've seen is regression. I understand he's young and still learning as player only playing a limited time in college. But how much better is he going to get always dealing with nagging injuries and attitude problems/melt downs. You're correct that a 5th round pick isn't the greatest of return but I think there's more to this behind the scenes that we don't get to see. Plus we already have Dontae Johnson, we don't need his clone.

32 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

See but we've been preaching potential on Robinson all offseason and so far all we've seen is regression. I understand he's young and still learning as player only playing a limited time in college. But how much better is he going to get always dealing with nagging injuries and attitude problems/melt downs. You're correct that a 5th round pick isn't the greatest of return but I think there's more to this behind the scenes that we don't get to see. Plus we already have Dontae Johnson, we don't need his clone.

That's not entirely true though. He had some horrible games, but he also had some very good games. He is inconsistent, but that is to be expected with a young player with his limited experience. I think we are really going to see him thrive on that Jets defense, which is too bad. I was far from ready to give up on him. His toughness was a concern, but I think we gave up on him waaaaay too soon.  

I may be a minority of one here, but I never really thought I saw much in him, especially this year. He seemed to me to be a warm body holding down a spot until we could acquire someone good. Hoenstly, we're fans here so we see some potential in him, but honestly every team in the league has young guys with potential. I just don't see him making any strides to reach that potential.  He did have some kind of sideline explosion a game or two ago. Maybe that contributed.  

13 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I may be a minority of one here, but I never really thought I saw much in him, especially this year. He seemed to me to be a warm body holding down a spot until we could acquire someone good. Hoenstly, we're fans here so we see some potential in him, but honestly every team in the league has young guys with potential. I just don't see him making any strides to reach that potential.  He did have some kind of sideline explosion a game or two ago. Maybe that contributed.  

This coming after allowing only a 50% completion rate last year which was #1 for rookies. So he has shown his potential, but the penalty issues need to be cleared up. Maybe a few of them were bad calls, but it is a reoccurring theme with him. Slight adjustments at the LOS and with his technique and he will be fine. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, this is about a lateral move with regard to compensation. We drafted him with a 4th round comp, right? Still, a very odd trade. Given his low cost, the talent flashed at times, and age, he seemed like the type that would be worth holding on to for some time at least to see if he can work through it. His attitude may have been a real issue however, we don't really know how bad it was. 

I would guess it would be attitude related. Maybe he was bickering behind the scenes? Because he's a young guy that seemed to show potential with room to grow despite his mistakes. Only 22 years old. Putting my money on something attitude related beyond the meltdown that was witnessed. 

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I would guess it would be attitude related. Maybe he was bickering behind the scenes? Because he's a young guy that seemed to show potential with room to grow despite his mistakes. Only 22 years old. Putting my money on something attitude related beyond the meltdown that was witnessed. 

Yeah I agree, has to be somewhat attitude related, which was perhaps also the reason why he got benched against Philly. Otherwise (to me) there is no doubt that he would have been a far better option than Johnson.

Maybe they wanted to trade him earlier anyway but waited until the last moment to give Witherspoon enough time to acclimatize.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:52 PM, big9erfan said:

Seems like we're the only 2 in this boat. Dude is such a clown, glad he's gone

I thought so little of our CBs as a group that I was certain we were going to sign a CB that got cut in the final cutodowns.  Even though some other team cut him I still expected we'd find a guy that was better than some of the guys we had on our roster.  As a position group our CBS have to rank with the worst in the league. Maybe Witherspoon will begin to develop into a decent player.

• 2 months later...

Archived