Notre Dame promotes Marcus Freeman to HC

buno67

I was really surprised when I saw that they didn’t just go ahead and hire Luke Fickell. I’m wondering if they were ahead with Freeman since he was the coach and waiting or if Fickell said no. I can’t imagine them wanting Marcus Freeman over Fickell. 

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I was really surprised when I saw that they didn’t just go ahead and hire Luke Fickell. I’m wondering if they were ahead with Freeman since he was the coach and waiting or if Fickell said no. I can’t imagine them wanting Marcus Freeman over Fickell. 

Well it sounds like they are keeping the core of their staff together and will be able to Keep the core of what looks like a darn good recruiting class.

pretty quick advancement for Freeman but he has been impressive at everything he has done 

Smart move imo. Take the young rising star at coach who is already plugged in with the staff/system/recruits over some national search that may or may not net you a "higher profile" coach.  Over the next five years my money is on Notre Dame having more success than LSU.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The only things I can think of are a) Fickell said he wanted to remain with Cincy throughout the playoffs and ND didn't want to wait or b) there's smoke to the Day to Bears rumors and Fickell is waiting on that. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm officially old. Guys that I competed against in HS are now HC's at big name programs.

old matt damon GIF

man-40.gif

You might feel old now, but 40 just hits different, physically and mentally

Edit

I was 23 years old when I started posting on FF, F M L

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

man-40.gif

You might feel old now, but 40 just hits different, physically and mentally

Edit

I was 23 years old when I started posting on FF, F M L

I was 14. I'm 29 now. I've literally been on this website for more than half my life now.