Sign in to follow this  
TheRealMcCoy

Jets trade for 49ers CB Rashard Robinson

He was good as a rookie, but I don't think he's been as good in his 2nd year. Definitely been penalized too much this year.

Penalties have been awful this year. Very up and down. When he's good, he's good. Solid value pickup by the jets. Assuming his value was low. Weird trade by the niners given the cb situation

Not the trade everyone was waiting for, but still one of the busier trade deadlines in recent memory.

Sucks to suck I guess. I still would have liked to give Robinson another season but I can definitely see where the FO is coming from with this trade. He was awful during some of these game this year. He got benched last week because he was committing too many penalties then he goes and commits 2 on special teams. Dude was a magnet for flags. 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do the Jets and 49ers run the same defensive scheme?

Not sure. But he's got a wealth of talent, I think he could play well in most. 

Like the upside he showed as a rookie.  Hopefully he can get those penalties under control because the size and athletic ability is there.  

Can anyone tell me what type of system the 9ers run? Seems like he's best suited for a Press-Man type of defense.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Can anyone tell me what type of system the 9ers run? Seems like he's best suited for a Press-Man type of defense.

Regardless of scheme he needs to get much stronger. His tackling is putrid.

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Not the trade everyone was waiting for, but still one of the busier trade deadlines in recent memory.

Which is good. I hope this happens again next year. As a matter of fact, why isn't the deadline pushed further back near the playoffs? It would really make things more interesting for teams wanting to stack up on a playoff run.

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Imagine the Seahawks rolled around in a pile of dog****

4 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Imagine the Seahawks rolled around in a pile of dog****

LOL

Except for Defo, thats fairly accurate