Trey Lances devolopment (it failed)

49erurtaza

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

This arm strength thing is truly bizarre. If you were trying to sell me that there were concerns from the staff on him as a player, I could totally buy that...until you tell me it's arm strength related. Then it just feels like people are recycling things from the same source and regurgitating other reports. 

This guy literally just repeated everything that Lombardo said last week....Just with changing a few words lol.

49ers don't like the "fitness of Lance's arm" but they must be ENAMORED with Jimmy's arm??? Huh?? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This guy literally just repeated everything that Lombardo said last week....Just with changing a few words lol.

49ers don't like the "fitness of Lance's arm" but they must be ENAMORED with Jimmy's arm??? Huh?? 

This makes it even more weird: 

Like WTF? lol

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

This makes it even more weird: 

Like WTF? lol

It's one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard LOL.

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

See I am fine with this since Simms is pretty much saying he needs to see more. Lance has barely played any football the last two years. If people were saying stuff like Simms is saying, then there would be FAR less blowback....But when you have guys like Harris and Lombardo saying those ridiculous things about Lance's arm? It's bat sh^t crazy lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This arm strength thing is truly bizarre. If you were trying to sell me that there were concerns from the staff on him as a player, I could totally buy that...until you tell me it's arm strength related. Then it just feels like people are recycling things from the same source and regurgitating other reports. 

It would be one thing to claim the accuracy is all over the place. But there's no way he has less arm strength than our previous starter. And after watching two games, I don't think his accuracy is too bad. He fit a very tight throw to Aiyuk over the middle against the Texans, and that's the kind of throw Jimmy had to make to even just be relevant in the league. If he's inconsistent with that type of throw, there's a whole other wide array of throws he can make that Jimmy couldn't. So I'm sure Kyle can scheme around his inefficiencies. And there's also the possibility that... I don't know... he could improve his accuracy over time...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

So basically... he needs a pitch count? Man, if only we were one of the most run-heavy team in the league...

It is a shame Jimmy had to through so many times on our way to the last superb owl we played in.

• Like 1

Just now, burlow said:

It is a shame Jimmy had to through so many times on our way to the last superb owl we played in.

That 8th pass against the Packers really did a number on his shoulder... he needed surgery two years later.

• Like 2

Lance can be a worse quarterback than Jimmy and our offense as a whole can improve with him under center. 

Adding the elements of a rushing QB threat and the ability to stretch the field puts more stress on any defense even if it takes him a while to refine his game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it possible the team is pushing out bull**** reports to random people around the united states. I'm amazed at how dumb this offseason has gotten after the last offseason. Like what are people doing. 

To improve Jimmy’s trade value? Weirder things have happened, but I don’t even know who would possibly trade for him. 

16 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it possible the team is pushing out bull**** reports to random people around the united states. I'm amazed at how dumb this offseason has gotten after the last offseason. Like what are people doing. 

I just imagine Kyle having a bbq with Joe Staley, throwing footballs across the street, and facetiming Trey, just laughing about the whole twitter insanity. Whether or not there are intentional leaks or not, I think all of this has been amplified in echo chambers around the internet.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, rudyZ said:

I just imagine Kyle having a bbq with Joe Staley, throwing footballs across the street, and facetiming Trey, just laughing about the whole twitter insanity. Whether or not there are intentional leaks or not, I think all of this has been amplified in echo chambers around the internet.

"Throw another shrimp on the barbie, Joe! Let's read the latest on 'Trey being a bust'!"  😏

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard LOL.

See I am fine with this since Simms is pretty much saying he needs to see more. Lance has barely played any football the last two years. If people were saying stuff like Simms is saying, then there would be FAR less blowback....But when you have guys like Harris and Lombardo saying those ridiculous things about Lance's arm? It's bat sh^t crazy lol.

So in Baseball "Arm Fitness" is a thing. I'm sure it exists to a level as a QB as well. As a High School Pitching Coach we see our players run into a dead arm period, typically as we exit our spring workouts and enter into preseason/non-league games. At the pro level we see it happen as Spring Camp breaks and the season begins. There is no true method to avoid it and it will come at different variations depending on the person and their commitment to flushing the body the next day as well as their overall arm health and routine. I say this to say Im sure it exists to some level for a QB, but to make this a "thing" for a QB when MLB Pitchers who are throwing 80 plus pitches per game don't even really concern themselves with it is truly absurd. That is why you have Training Camp and offseason programs to begin with. I have zero uncertainty that Lance would show up with an arm not prepared to take on the load for his first full season as a starter. He may encounter some arm fatigue, but it wont be anything he hasnt dealt with previously.

Truly a ridiculous thing to highlight by these guys. Also, if this is a concern by the team  as it is being said, it's time to change the people in charge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

So in Baseball "Arm Fitness" is a thing. I'm sure it exists to a level as a QB as well. As a High School Pitching Coach we see our players run into a dead arm period, typically as we exit our spring workouts and enter into preseason/non-league games. At the pro level we see it happen as Spring Camp breaks and the season begins. There is no true method to avoid it and it will come at different variations depending on the person and their commitment to flushing the body the next day as well as their overall arm health and routine. I say this to say Im sure it exists to some level for a QB, but to make this a "thing" for a QB when MLB Pitchers who are throwing 80 plus pitches per game don't even really concern themselves with it is truly absurd. That is why you have Training Camp and offseason programs to begin with. I have zero uncertainty that Lance would show up with an arm not prepared to take on the load for his first full season as a starter. He may encounter some arm fatigue, but it wont be anything he hasnt dealt with previously.

Truly a ridiculous thing to highlight by these guys. Also, if this is a concern by the team  as it is being said, it's time to change the people in charge.

The thing with pitchers, is that every pitch is somewhat of an all-out effort. Even off speed pitches have the arm going full speed. The workload of a QB, though, isn't always full steam (unless you're Colin Kaepernick). I'm sure that has to count for something. There's a lot less stress on ligaments and muscles. And I'm sure any seasoned strength and conditioning coach in the NFL has thought about this forever. So, I'm not worried.

• Like 1