WEEK 12: 6-5 Denver Broncos @ 7-4 KC Chiefs - 8:20pm EST/6:20pm MST- 12/5/21

broncos67

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So I usually like to post during the game but the kiddo is sick and that makes the wife act crazy so I was watching what I could on delay. There’s really not much more to add than to what the rest of you said. 

Paton is a good GM but, and I mentioned this the other day, he has the most pivotal three months of his career upcoming (and he has to go through it with an unsettled, at least publicly unsettled, ownership situation). He needs to get a head coach, a real offensive coordinator and a QB.

Half measures won’t work; this fanbase won’t tolerate a Minshew/Carr/Cousins/Garrapolo type signing. Neither will pairing one of those with a rookie 2nd+ round pick that “We’re really excited about!” 

It has to be one of the star QBs, a legit HC, an OC who people can get excited about. Plain and simple. 

I think Carr is the outlier in this group.  If LV cuts ties (and we whiff on AR/RW) I would support us pursuing him

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I think Carr is the outlier in this group.  If LV cuts ties (and we whiff on AR/RW) I would support us pursuing him

Derek Carr, like his whole family, is a GREAT human being. But a Super Bowl QB he is not. One who can help lead your team to playing meaningful football in November and December? Yes. Same as Cousins and Jimmy G. 

This team is going to have a new owner who will want to win and reestablish the Broncos as a premier franchise. 

I think they make a hard push, an Elway-for-Peyton-like push for Aaron or Russ; and forget Watson, a new owner doesn’t want to deal with the PR bullcrap that would bring with a QB who is Star Wars numbers and one playoff win, the other 2 have rings. They will go all-in as we have a roster built to win and win now. 

The clock is ticking, George. Get to work. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Derek Carr, like his whole family, is a GREAT human being. But a Super Bowl QB he is not. One who can help lead your team to playing meaningful football in November and December? Yes. Same as Cousins and Jimmy G. 

This team is going to have a new owner who will want to win and reestablish the Broncos as a premier franchise. 

I think they make a hard push, an Elway-for-Peyton-like push for Aaron or Russ; and forget Watson, a new owner doesn’t want to deal with the PR bullcrap that would bring with a QB who is Star Wars numbers and one playoff win, the other 2 have rings. They will go all-in as we have a roster built to win and win now. 

The clock is ticking, George. Get to work. 

We're in lockstep on Rodgers and Wilson but they're franchise QBs under contract.  There is no guarantee their teams willingly part ways and, even if they do, they'll have a dozen suitors.  They'll be priority 1a & ab but in the not unlikely event that we whiff, Carr could be a nice consolation prize.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Carr isn’t leaving the Raiders. Even if he was, they’d get two firsts from him from an NFC team. 

I felt that Carr would be an option but as a result of Gruden getting axed I no longer think that will happen.  I agree - he stays a Raider.  It's not going to be easy to get a premiere qb but hey its only been six years of hoping............lmao