Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo

Dr LBC

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

"Very close" seems optimistic given the spending the Bills did in the offseason.  It wasn't a ton, but cumulatively those Hyde, Poyer, Hauschka, and Holmes contracts can definitely add up, at least enough to turn that 3rd into a 4th.

When it was looked at (and in August Bills forums basically looked at nothing else because everyone was utterly miserable), it was analysed it worked out as a 3rd comfortably.

The issue is Ducasse who currently beating out Miller at RG.

Another way to look at the trade is also the Bills traded Ronald Darby (a CB who didnt fit the system at all) and a 7th for their WR1 and WR2 in Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews 

19 minutes ago, iPwn said:

No idea. I get that he’s inconsistent. But even his 5th year option next year is pretty much on par with what other guys in his talent range get, so it’s not like he’d be getting overpaid with that.

I don't agree with the move, but it makes sense on a level that Benjamin is a horrible fit in our offense. He isn't a good route runner and his lackluster speed kills our offense and downfield passing game.

I could see him being a much better player in a system that asks him to play to his strengths. He looked way better this year than last year. 

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Absolutely, does he play Thursday ?

I would think Saints game would be his debut 

If he does he will probably just be sprinkled in certain situations. Just tell him to run fade routes in the redzone and simple things like that.

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

@Thelonebillsfan remember when we were tanking ?

Fantastic cap position, loaded for draft , culture changed and we're 5-2 staring down a share for the division lead

Has there ever been a leadership change this successful, this early ?

Chiefs had a 9 win swing from 2012 to 2013 when we got Reid and Dorsey.

34 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

@Thelonebillsfan remember when we were tanking ?

Fantastic cap position, loaded for draft , culture changed and we're 5-2 staring down a share for the division lead

Has there ever been a leadership change this successful, this early ?

I think any impartial observer sees our roster before the season and thinks a this point we have 1, maybe 2 wins. 

The biggest thing is that it's looking right away like we landed an A-tier head coach and an A-tier front office right from jump.

And we have so many picks in the first few rounds too, my god.

Archived