What's Mac Jones' ceiling?

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

"Stats are for losers.... when they support a narrative I don't like."

That chart means literally nothing. If it's going to be used as a knock against Mac, then I guess Buffalo better trade Josh Allen and find someone that can "carry the team".

I mean, FFS, it claims Jalen Hurts gets more help from studs like Jaelen Raegor than Matt Stafford who has Cooper Kupp and OBJ.

Edited by biggie.

7 minutes ago, biggie. said:

That chart means literally nothing. If it's going to be used as a knock against Mac, then I guess Buffalo better trade Josh Allen and find someone that can "carry the team".

I mean, FFS, it claims Jalen Hurts gets more help from studs like Jaelen Raegor than Matt Stafford who has Cooper Kupp and OBJ.

The Eagles offensive line and run game has been phenomenal. Defense has been mediocre.

Jalen Hurts has looked bad.

I ain't saying Mac Jones isn't good. He's better than I gave him credit for before the draft cycle, but let's slow the role on pronouncing him a future top 5-10 QB please lol.

Yes he looks the best of any rookie QB. The other teams are completely dysfunctional. 

7 minutes ago, biggie. said:

You seem to be missing the entire point of the chart altogether.

There's nothing wrong with a QB getting help from his supporting cast (that's why it's a called a team game) but it certainly needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating their play. Too often we have seen Qbs look bad behind a poor supporting cast and then look better when put into a better situation (i.e Tannehill). Conversely, we have seen QBs look good with a good supporting cast and then fall back to earth when said supporting cast is pulled out from underneath them (i.e Foles). 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The Eagles offensive line and run game has been phenomenal. Defense has been mediocre.

Jalen Hurts has looked bad.

I ain't saying Mac Jones isn't good. He's better than I gave him credit for before the draft cycle, but let's slow the role on pronouncing him a future top 5-10 QB please lol.

Yes he looks the best of any rookie QB. The other teams are completely dysfunctional. 

Jalen Hurts is the leading rusher.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's probably gonna wind up in the same conversation guys like Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan end up in- just short of HoF level eliteness, but he'll also probably get closer to the Hall than they will because he'll probably win at least one Superbowl. 

A solid 7.9-8.4/10 type of career. 

Carson Palmer at least had an elite arm. Ryan’s a good comparison though. Maybe Philip Rivers as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

And with Jalen Hurts, the team combined without him has 1200 yards rushing.

It's the O-Line more than anything else. 

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

At look where they are: 5-7, probably not making the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I actually like the idea of the chart (we talked about it a bit in the 49er form), but I think it needs to be a bigger composite with more relevant pieces of data. And the one piece that we didn't like at all was the "open rate". If you need something to quantify the receivers, I'm not sure what else you can use outside of drops. Separation / Open Rates are too influenced by other factors (such as a QB's tendencies). 

• Like 1