What's Mac Jones' ceiling?

notthatbluestuff

6 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

He's the greatest QB to ever go 2/3 in a win.  

Remember when you almost got banned from this site by being an annoying troll who insisted Dak was unable to throw a football? You shouldnt judge QBs. You dont have the mental capability to do so. You should lean into something else. Mac is doing exactly what he is asked to. And its a winning formula. 

• Like 4

I cannot believe they didn't let him throw. The practice throws of 10-15 yards looked fine on the broadcast. I know it's obviously different to actual play, but the fact is the ball remained steady on those practice throws in the same wind. Did they honestly expect that he was going to sail every single throw? I get the wind, and I still find it strange. 3 attempts...

2 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

I cannot believe they didn't let him throw. The practice throws of 10-15 yards looked fine on the broadcast. I know it's obviously different to actual play, but the fact is the ball remained steady on those practice throws in the same wind. Did they honestly expect that he was going to sail every single throw? I get the wind, and I still find it strange. 3 attempts...

Who cares? They never needed to change their strategy, it was working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Who cares? They never needed to change their strategy, it was working. 

Was it? They had loads of 3 and outs. Their defense won that game. Surely on 2nd and 18 then 3rd 17 you start thinking....pass it, the way Buffalo started to move the ball

• Like 1

Idk what his ceiling is but with Belichick he is in the perfect situation. Had he been with any other team he might be the next Sam Darnold or even worst, Josh Rosen. 

We can make a case that Mahomes wouldnt be who we think he is if he didnt end up with Andy Reid. Lamar Jackson wouldnt be who we think he is if he didnt have Greg Roman as his OC. The same OC who helped Colin Kaepernick be successful their time in San Fran. Goff and Cousins wouldnt be who we thought they were at the time without McVay. So it matters where you land and who is your coach. Jones ended up in the perfect situation. So again Idk his ceiling but he is in the perfection situation to succeed. How much his success he will have Idk but we know he will have success as long as Belichick and McDaniels is his coach. 

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

Was it? They had loads of 3 and outs. Their defense won that game. Surely on 2nd and 18 then 3rd 17 you start thinking....pass it, the way Buffalo started to move the ball

Agreed you think maybe a 5 yard slant, or even a PA when Buffalo was sending the house would leave someone wide open.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:07 PM, Chargers said:

If you believe Bill made Tom than you must believe he'll do same for Mac. I think he is a mix of Brees and Brady. Lets just say Mac Jones and Patriots arent going anywhere anytime soon.

If Bill can just make HOF Goat level QB's then why waste a 1st round pick on Jones? Why not just draft a QB in round 4-7 and use that 1st round pick on other needs? You didn't see the Bronco's using many 1st round picks on HB's back int he Shanahan days. 

Edited by john305

58 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed you think maybe a 5 yard slant, or even a PA when Buffalo was sending the house would leave someone wide open.

You're forgetting the other possibility,  a tipped or wind related INT that easily could of lost them the game?

There was No reason to change the approach.  Belicheck is notorious and I mean notorious for finding something that works and repeating it over and over and over until the opposing team stops it.

Why mess with the game plan that had the Patriots leading for the entire game? Because the Bills were able to get into the RZ, kick and miss FG's? No!

It's why when Eagle fans were complaining last month about Hurts not passing the ball but the Eagles were running it down teams throats for 200+ every week during their win streak. Why change? So Hurts can lose a 13-7 game vs the Giants throwing 30x with 3 INT, despite 200 more rushing yards in that lost? 👌

Belicheck wanted to kill clock to keep the Bills offense off the field as much as possible.  Play great defense  and run the ball. He and Jones accomplished exactly what they wanted. Win is a Win. You should only second guess the play calling had they lost.

Jones falling to NE was best case scenario for him. He gets the best coaching. He will always have an elite defense to fall on. He's the perfect fit for McDaniels offense and will probably be viewed as a top 10-15 QB which will be enough for a team like the Patriots to win 10 games every year. 

8 hours ago, BigTrav said:

They never needed to. It was better to run, minimize risk, and shorten the game until Buffalo gave you a reason not to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was No reason to change the approach.  Belicheck is notorious and I mean notorious for finding something that works and repeating it over and over and over until the opposing team stops it.

You too saw Belichick's game plan to stop the Bills in the 1990 Super Bowl?