What's Mac Jones' ceiling?

notthatbluestuff

The people suggesting that McCorkle's lack of pass attempts last night are somehow suggestive of the Pats' lack of confidence in his arm are truly the best and brightest.

Seriously.

Y'all think they drafted a guy

In the first round

To play QUARTERBACK in NEW ENGLAND

Who they don't think can throw in bad weather????

Never change, NFL punditry. Never change.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Apparition said:

The people suggesting that McCorkle's lack of pass attempts last night are somehow suggestive of the Pats' lack of confidence in his arm are truly the best and brightest.

Seriously.

In the first round

Honestly just seems like people looking for any reason to hang on to their "draft predictions" that he wouldn't be that good in the NFL. At this point, that crowd is just grasping at straws given his success this year. Reminds me a lot of how some can't let go of the fact that Lamar Jackson turned out way better in the NFL than many predicted.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FinSting said:

You too saw Belichick's game plan to stop the Bills in the 1990 Super Bowl?

I saw a HC who knew I don't GAF what is going on, I'm not changing what's working until McDermott or the Defense stops it, plan and simple.  Which they never did . So Yes if it applies, sure?!)

Thought he'd be the best after seeing what happened in the draft. 

I will stand by what I said before though. If a team with the talent at the skill positions like Denver picked him with a decent offensive line as well, he still wouldn't be as good as he is in NE. 

just goes to show how good coaching and having a good OC matters. I hate McDick for what he did in Denver but I can't deny he's a phenomenal OC.

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

Seriously.

In the first round

If they're worried about BB and JMcD having trust issues with Mac throwing, they only need to load up the Bucaneers game where all we did was throw with Mac. Against the SB champions.

"They don't trust him!" - Well, they have been....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If they're worried about BB and JMcD having trust issues with Mac throwing, they only need to load up the Bucaneers game where all we did was throw with Mac. Against the SB champions.

"They don't trust him!" - Well, they have been....

Except for that critical moment where they opted for a 50-yard FG instead of letting Mac pass it on 4th down late on. A FG that, even had it gone in, would still have given the ball back to Tom Brady with more than a minute left on the clock, only needing to get into FG range to win the game. 

Peyton Manning on Mac:

“I’ve got to tell you, I appreciate how they are handling Mac Jones,” Manning said. “They are trying to protect him, give him as few off-the-field distractions as possible, let him concentrate on playing football.”

Manning said the Colts did the same thing for him his rookie season in Indianapolis — telling potential interviewers and sponsors to leave their first-year quarterback alone.

“‘It’s all football this first season, don’t bother him,'” Manning said, quoting the Colts’ attitude. “I think the Patriots are taking that same approach.”

On 12/7/2021 at 7:57 AM, NYJets4716 said:

Fact he won a game throwing 3 passes, tells you everything. 

It doesn't tell me much, tbh. It tells me that they have a good team and good coaches, but doesn't tell me a bunch about Mac. 

If they had needed him to their at some point, I'm sure they would have at least tried. His arm isn't great and that was crazy weather so I'm not sure why the default gameplan would be to chuck the ball left and right. That seems like a silly plan given the known attributes of your qb 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Except for that critical moment where they opted for a 50-yard FG instead of letting Mac pass it on 4th down late on. A FG that, even had it gone in, would still have given the ball back to Tom Brady with more than a minute left on the clock, only needing to get into FG range to win the game. 

Yeah I didn’t like that call. I recall we were giving Brady a hard time though so maybe he was comfortable putting it on the D

Edited by Hunter2_1

Belichick detailed more of the Patriots' thinking on Tuesday morning, saying during his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI: "If it had been a different type of game and we had needed to throw there in the fourth quarter, we would have thrown. We were able to manage the game the way we did and that worked out all right for us."

"The score definitely helped, no question about it," Belichick said. "If the situation had been different, we'd have to look at what that was. But the way the game played out, playing from ahead, and with the conditions being what they were, I thought we played a pretty good complementary game."

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4824391/patriots-win-in-buffalo-latest-example-of-bill-belichicks-bold-approach