Sources: This is likely Roethlisberger's final season

biggie.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32788145/sources-ben-roethlisberger-expects-his-last-season-pittsburgh-steelers

Not exactly "breaking news", but this pretty much confirms something we've seen coming for the past three seasons. He's looked completely washed and his gas tank is empty.

He's been one of our sworn enemies, but it's kinda sad seeing him go. With him, both Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Romo, McNabb, Favre, etc. all gone, most of the quarterbacks that played when I first really got into the sport are all gone. All that remains is, you guessed it, Tom Brady.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

its amazing that he managed to play until he was 39. I was sure he would be done by 33-35 watching the beatings he was taking to start his career, its time to hang them up now. End of a era

I think what's amazing is how he looked like a total phenom as a rookie and won a SB in just his second year, but he never truly elevated his game to the next level. Not once named All-Pro and played poorly in all three Super Bowls.

Edited by biggie.

Aye, it's time for this gunslinger to ride off into the sunset. 

He'll be able to have played his HOF career all for one team. That's always pretty special. First ballot HOFer unquestionably, and the best QB that the Pittsburgh Steelers has ever had. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe