Week 13: Eagles or Jets

JetsandI

It's true, he's very new. But he just hasn't impressed me like a bunch of others in the secondary have at times. It is fair to say we have bigger priorities though.

If our run D is going to be terrible for the long haul then Zach's going to need go full Peyton Manning so we can be the 2000s Colts. Zach as Peyton. Carter as Edge. Moore and Mims as Harrison/Wayne. Lawson and Aidan Hutchinson as Freeney and Mathis. I'll take it.

I must say that Zach at LEAST made a little progress. This is his first game where I can say he improved a little. Now he has to build off this. This game coming up should show even more if he is ready to take it a little further. Zach still has not had a 300 yard game or a game with no INTS. One of these should have happened by now. The D on the other hand is just plan gross. I think the Jets need to come away with Hutch and Stingley with the first 2 picks. I'm shocked that Joe Brady gets caned but we still have our DC on staff. The Jets have the worse D in the NFL by far and probably one of the worse D in the last 10 years. If I was Saleh I would have fired him weeks ago and took over play calling on the D. 

Our D has a bunch of young guys (and that too mostly not highly touted) throughout the secondary … hell we lost not just one but both our veteran safeties … we aren’t going to be a top defense with this much youth and injuries …. But the play of the D line to get tossed around like that just with 1 guy out should not be happening ….

I think we take everything the full course for the season though … I don’t believe we will be firing anyone midseason

at least Zach looked better … if he can stop thinking and just react he’ll be fine …. More reps more understanding and some mechanics cleanup and I don’t think he’ll be a problem

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

They need to find a solution to our run D too, be it better linebackers or a Snacks type in the middle of the DL.

That's Fats job.  Prior to this season he was doing that really well.  I think the attacking style of D now employed puts more pressure on the LB to stop the runs up the gut.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

That's Fats job.  Prior to this season he was doing that really well.  I think the attacking style of D now employed puts more pressure on the LB to stop the runs up the gut.

Yeah... assignment may do something with it but he is dealing with injury as well.   Still, it presents an issue for DT after this season as he is set to be FA.  Not sure what Jets actually think of him.  Maybe better off go with a different veteran to push defense to next level or go cheap with new and fresh player.

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

It's true, he's very new. But he just hasn't impressed me like a bunch of others in the secondary have at times. It is fair to say we have bigger priorities though.

If our run D is going to be terrible for the long haul then Zach's going to need go full Peyton Manning so we can be the 2000s Colts. Zach as Peyton. Carter as Edge. Moore and Mims as Harrison/Wayne. Lawson and Aidan Hutchinson as Freeney and Mathis. I'll take it.

Or just improve the run defense lol. 

Moore had 2 huge drops yesterday, one he might have slipped or lost the ball in the sun. Gotta get consistent with the connection between him and Zach. Crowder as well, Zach threw a heater to him but it hit him right in the hands. 

We need a tight end, a veteran and a young guy to develop. A lot of vets hitting the market and the draft looks decent.

The defense is awful. Saleh needs to get rid of Ulbrich or figure something out in the off season because this system sucks. You won’t have winning seasons playing defense like this 

Zach had a very efficient first half but the second half was brutal. Granted I think he only got one drive in the third quarter. It’s progress though, still wanna see a complete game

23 hours ago, xrade said:

Agreed on that. It will be interesting to see how JD approaches it. I don’t think he will get rid of Mosley ($). We could very well see him and Quincy as our starting LB’s next year. I think they will look better if the front 4 is improved. He somehow needs to improve both starting S. Hamilton is a guy I want, but I don’t care how he fixes the S position as long as fixes it. 

I'm in the same boat. I love Hamilton and I just want it fixed. 

I don't think we've given up 100yds to any WR all year. The only 100yd games came from TEs. The center of the defense is the #1 problem to me. Even the RBs have it easy once when the pass the DL. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

Moore had 2 huge drops yesterday, one he might have slipped or lost the ball in the sun. Gotta get consistent with the connection between him and Zach. Crowder as well, Zach threw a heater to him but it hit him right in the hands. 

We need a tight end, a veteran and a young guy to develop. A lot of vets hitting the market and the draft looks decent.

Need a vet TE badly, would love for Yeboah to get in the mix, and definitely wouldn't mind drafting someone like a Brevin Jordan in the 4th-6th.

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Need a vet TE badly, would love for Yeboah to get in the mix, and definitely wouldn't mind drafting someone like a Brevin Jordan in the 4th-6th.

Would provide such a huge boost to the offense. I was even considering pushing the agenda to mold Mims into a Tight End. Kid can already block lol, he’d be a match up nightmare on Linebackers and Safeties. 

• Like 1