Week Something: Jags @ Rams - Ramsey Hurts Us, Probably

Adrenaline_Flux

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Jordan de Lugo is awful fwiw 

(Although I don’t think anyone is arguing that point with where things currently sit, even though it won’t happen/he’s not being shown that door this quick)

Shad has patients that’s going to be to the team’s detriment. Only way this thing will shake out on the side of Jags fans is if Urban quits. It’s going to be another lost draft this off season.. it’s going to lead to a point to where if Urban doesn’t quit Trevor is going to be forced into a Matt Stafford Lions situation where he’ll play on talentless team for years unless a change is made.

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Shad has patients that’s going to be to the team’s detriment. Only way this thing will shake out on the side of Jags fans is if Urban quits. It’s going to be another lost draft this off season.. it’s going to lead to a point to where if Urban doesn’t quit Trevor is going to be forced into a Matt Stafford Lions situation where he’ll play on talentless team for years unless a change is made.

I’m not an Urban backer by any means, but what was the expectation this year exactly? Why do we think Urban is the reason we sit in this situation?

I wish we would have gotten more weapons this off-season, but we literally lost our other 1st round pick that figured to play a key role in training camp and arguably WR1 before the season. Marvin Jones was a legit player last year and has severely regressed (including mental errors, but clearly physically took a step back). Doesn’t even get into the fact that Shenault went from being a promising rookie who flashed to a guy who’s clearly running the wrong routes and not even close to being on the same page as Trevor (which is partially due to the staff but also very much on the receiver). All the above isn’t on Urban.

Would I personally rather see a different direction? Yes. But I’m not sure what we all think that changes per se. This wasn’t all changing in one off-season. 

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I’m not an Urban backer by any means, but what was the expectation this year exactly? Why do we think Urban is the reason we sit in this situation?

I wish we would have gotten more weapons this off-season, but we literally lost our other 1st round pick that figured to play a key role in training camp and arguably WR1 before the season. Marvin Jones was a legit player last year and has severely regressed (including mental errors, but clearly physically took a step back). Doesn’t even get into the fact that Shenault went from being a promising rookie who flashed to a guy who’s clearly running the wrong routes and not even close to being on the same page as Trevor (which is partially due to the staff but also very much on the receiver). All the above isn’t on Urban.

Would I personally rather see a different direction? Yes. But I’m not sure what we all think that changes per se. This wasn’t all changing in one off-season. 

My expectations were mildly competitive.  

We are in this position cuz he doesn't hold everyone accountable for their mistakes and he's also accountable for every staff member he hired and based on the results so far

parmelle needs to be gone. I get benching for a few plays or a drive for a fumble but 20 plays is ridiculous.  If Robinson is healthy enough to play he should be playing. 

Lal needs to be gone.  Young wrs regressed this year and have shown 0 improvement and wrs aren't held accountable for running wrong routes or dropping passes. 

Bevell needs to be gone cuz our offense has no identity yet and he's constantly calling plays which don't follow our players strengths. 

I heard Joe Brady is available as an oc. Hire him cuz I'm pretty sure urban and Brady both prefer the spread offense

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

My expectations were mildly competitive.  

We are in this position cuz he doesn't hold everyone accountable for their mistakes and he's also accountable for every staff member he hired and based on the results so far

parmelle needs to be gone. I get benching for a few plays or a drive for a fumble but 20 plays is ridiculous.  If Robinson is healthy enough to play he should be playing. 

Lal needs to be gone.  Young wrs regressed this year and have shown 0 improvement and wrs aren't held accountable for running wrong routes or dropping passes. 

Bevell needs to be gone cuz our offense has no identity yet and he's constantly calling plays which don't follow our players strengths. 

I heard Joe Brady is available as an oc. Hire him cuz I'm pretty sure urban and Brady both prefer the spread offense

I’m annoyed by the JRob situation, but what do you mean he doesn’t hold anyone accountable? Are you not seeing these reports of him butting heads with much of the offensive staff? Even without reports how would you know what is happening behind the scenes?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

The team was bottom 3 in the league in talent prior to coming here. Hes had one off-season.

The main objective this draft should be trading back with potential suitors being Giants, and Eagles… going no further back than the Eagles 1st of 3 first rounders. Bump BPA as talent starved as this team is they need to gain draft capital badly. 

21 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

The main objective this draft should be trading back with potential suitors being Giants, and Eagles… going no further back than the Eagles 1st of 3 first rounders. Bump BPA as talent starved as this team is they need to gain draft capital badly. 

Ideally yes, but no one inside the top 10 needs a LT besides maybe Carolina. Not sure we’re going to want to drop below that if the top 10 that currently sits stick.

Guess we’ll see if NYG/Jets want to trade up for a DB.

This was the worst team in the league last year…what did they really do to improve? The have Lawrence, Griffin…and…maybe Campbell. Those players, two of which are rookies aren’t going to immediately turn the worst roster in the NFL around. They need at least another year or two of talent. And by talent I don’t mean a LT that can’t hit the field and RB on IR. 

Better get an actual quote from Urban next time he’s out there and it better be good. This isn’t Jalen Ramsey. We’re talking about one of the most chill/humble and hardworking guys (who also happens to be our best offensive players on the team) here. 

What in the actual ****.