Week Something: Jags @ Rams - Ramsey Hurts Us, Probably

Adrenaline_Flux

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I’m annoyed by the JRob situation, but what do you mean he doesn’t hold anyone accountable? Are you not seeing these reports of him butting heads with much of the offensive staff? Even without reports how would you know what is happening behind the scenes?

Hyde fumbles  gets benched 5 plays.  

Robinson fumbles gets benched for 15+ plays. 

Shenault runs wrong route or drops a pass no benching there. 

Just seems like urban needs to either replace a decent portion of his staff and he needs to start micromanaging cuz clearly the coaches he has aren't doing their job. 

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The team was bottom 3 in the league in talent prior to coming here. Hes had one off-season.

He had 1 off-season with arguebly the best cap situation and a franchise QB sitting there at pick 1.  They should have done better. 

There's no way u can tell me this team is any better then last year's roster and that is directly on both Baalke and Urban

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This was the worst team in the league last year…what did they really do to improve? The have Lawrence, Griffin…and…maybe Campbell. Those players, two of which are rookies aren’t going to immediately turn the worst roster in the NFL around. They need at least another year or two of talent. And by talent I don’t mean a LT that can’t hit the field and RB on IR. 

They had chances to improve but instead decided to sit and FAP over fimiliar faces

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

He had 1 off-season with arguebly the best cap situation and a franchise QB sitting there at pick 1.  They should have done better. 

There's no way u can tell me this team is any better then last year's roster and that is directly on both Baalke and Urban

You’re talking in circles. Again:

They should have done more in FA, but most also thought the weapons were fairly solid coming into training camp. You can’t foresee arguably 2 of your top 3 weapons going down before the season started and the veteran FA WR who has consistently produced in a big way every year he’s been in the league to suddenly fall off a cliff.

Bottom line, I’m not an Urban backer but whether it’s him or someone else it doesn’t change much for me going into next year as long as they go hard after an FA or two and nab multiple weapons in the draft. It’s coming whether Urban is here or not.

Thats my outlook on it. 

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You’re talking in circles. Again:

They should have done more in FA, but most also thought the weapons were fairly solid coming into training camp. You can’t foresee arguably 2 of your top 3 weapons going down before the season started and the veteran FA WR who has consistently produced in a big way every year he’s been in the league to suddenly fall off a cliff.

Bottom line, I’m not an Urban backer but whether it’s him or someone else it doesn’t change much for me going into next year as long as they go hard after an FA or two and nab multiple weapons in the draft. It’s coming whether Urban is here or not.

Thats my outlook on it. 

I thought that the way that they handled the TE position was a joke. I honestly thought that the WR corp didn't look bad. Chark had a down year but showed potential. Marvin Jones and Lawrence had a good camp together, and I honestly thought that he would be their best WR. Shenault also showed significant potential as well his rookie season. Chark got hurt, Jones has been mediocre at best, and Shenault has straight up been booty. The Jags made a good move getting Arnold...he gets hurt. Lawrence is out there with nobody to throw to...an average at best OL...and not good offensive play calling. Optimism in the guys we currently have is gone...we need new receiving options. We really need at least two new receiving upgrades. There is NO separation right now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I thought that the way that they handled the TE position was a joke. I honestly thought that the WR corp didn't look bad. Chark had a down year but showed potential. Marvin Jones and Lawrence had a good camp together, and I honestly thought that he would be their best WR. Shenault also showed significant potential as well his rookie season. Chark got hurt, Jones has been mediocre at best, and Shenault has straight up been booty. The Jags made a good move getting Arnold...he gets hurt. Lawrence is out there with nobody to throw to...an average at best OL...and not good offensive play calling. Optimism in the guys we currently have is gone...we need new receiving options. We really need at least two new receiving upgrades. There is NO separation right now.

TE plan was definitely awful prior to acquiring Arnold (who they could have also just signed). But it sounded like both Jonnu and Hunter Henry actually really wanted to go there regardless and possibly turned down $ from worse teams (feel like I thought we were one of those on Jonnu). Don’t think any of the other TE options would’ve been better from a receiver perspective than what I saw from Arnold this year.

Which brings us back to the whole “Go throw $ at Davante or Godwin, they’ll chase the $.” Not sure I see that unless we’re offering off the charts more than other teams (who will also have $ to spend with the cap rising again).

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

TE plan was definitely awful prior to acquiring Arnold (who they could have also just signed). But it sounded like both Jonnu and Hunter Henry actually really wanted to go there regardless and possibly turned down $ from worse teams (feel like I thought we were one of those on Jonnu). Don’t think any of the other TE options would’ve been better from a receiver perspective than what I saw from Arnold this year.

Which brings us back to the whole “Go throw $ at Davante or Godwin, they’ll chase the $.” Not sure I see that unless we’re offering off the charts more than other teams (who will also have $ to spend with the cap rising again).

If the Jags are picking top 3…I think they almost have to throw money at the receivers. You’re not drafting a WR there. You can get a good one in the 2nd round, but the Jags need someone to contribute now. 

22 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If the Jags are picking top 3…I think they almost have to throw money at the receivers. You’re not drafting a WR there. You can get a good one in the 2nd round, but the Jags need someone to contribute now. 

If better teams throw money too then not much you can do. That’s what happened with Jonnu and co.

Idk, it’s going to be tough. Gotta hope for some odd reason they actually like the idea of coming here. Unless the pay is excessively more and not just a couple million per year I don’t think it alters someone’s mind when we’re this sad.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, LinderFournette said:

Hyde fumbles  gets benched 5 plays.  

Robinson fumbles gets benched for 15+ plays. 

Shenault runs wrong route or drops a pass no benching there. 

Just seems like urban needs to either replace a decent portion of his staff and he needs to start micromanaging cuz clearly the coaches he has aren't doing their job. 

Saw this today and was startled to learn blue-chip Dolphins' RB Bernie Parmalee from the 1990's is current Jaguars' RB coach. I didn't even know he was still in the league.

Bernie is famous for working for UPS one day, then rushing for 100 yds in Miami the next. Hope ya'll get Robinson the ball more often, that guy rocks. 

38 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Saw this today and was startled to learn blue-chip Dolphins' RB Bernie Parmalee from the 1990's is current Jaguars' RB coach. I didn't even know he was still in the league.

Bernie is famous for working for UPS one day, then rushing for 100 yds in Miami the next. Hope ya'll get Robinson the ball more often, that guy rocks. 

Parmelle needs to go back to work at ups then being an NFL coach