It's time to take a stand (Damarious Randall)

MacReady

Will Damarious Randall have a Davante third year type rebound?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will Damarious Randall have a Davante third year type rebound?

don't pay attention to the coach bologna as far as who is playing with what teams in what spots.  Whitt is just playing games and trying guys out at this point, trying to coach guys into stepping up the overall level of play and competition.

Let's look at who is playing in the 3rd quarter of the 2nd preseason game.  Then we'll still know nothing.

Watched him again tonight, got smoked a few times by Cobb. Playing him in the slot will help disguise his shortcomings but every time I watch Randall he reminds me more and more of a Buckley type player. For every 10 plays thrown his way, he might make one big play but for 5-7 of those other plays he's gonna look awful in coverage. 

• 2 months later...

@minnypackerfan brought up a Ben Fennell (I think) Tweet showing Randall avoiding contact, and I feel like I've seen at least five other times he made awful attempts at tackling.  That, plus his temper tantrum after clearly giving up a TD, then his penalty after his pick six, then the way he responded when asked about it...

I don't want Damarious Randall on this team anymore.  I was dead wrong about him.  Davante Adams had a bad second year, got healthy, manned up and dominated.  Damarious Randall had a bad second year, got healthy and turned into a child that I don't want on this team.

Anybody disagree? 

Edit: Apparently Randall saw a flag.  Still don't like it, still think he actively avoids contact, still think he's a selfish player that should have been a receiver with his personality. 

He definitely needs to grow up, but I'm not giving up on him yet. He might be our most "opportunistic" corner when around the ball, evident by the two picks the last two weeks. With all the injuries at CB I am hoping that he steps up, and grows up, and becomes the player that we hoped for when we took him in the 1st Round in 2015. 

59 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I would be surprised to see him on the opening day roster next season. Him or Rollins and even House for that matter. We need to revamp our corner group again, and badly. Thank god King looks like the real deal.

Not arguing for any of them but all three won't go. I want to see House more before I decide there.

Archived